Need help in setting up our account

gpreet9

04 Jul, 2011 11:31 AM

Hello Team,

We have just subscribed to your Blowing Up plan (email id - [email blocked]) with Gravity Payments merchant account. We need some guidance in implementing discounted price in CheddarGetter.

Here's the scenario:
We offer 2 types of subscriptions to our customers - Monthly and Annually.
For monthly customers, we offer discount in terms of Free Months ( 1 month free, 2 months free, etc).
For annual customers, we offer percentage discount in Annual price plans ( 10%, 20%, etc).

We want to know the best possible way to implement this in CheddarGetter as we were unable to find any straight forward solution in your support / knowledge base portal.

Also, we would be using your hosted pages for the payment transactions. I believe we need PCI level 4 compliance for that.
Is this required and if yes, can you provide the same to us. What are the charges for this..is it included in CheddarGateway. How can we move forward with this.

Do we need SSL on our website if we are using your hosted payment pages with PCI Level 4 compliance for our website.

Thanks,
Anuj Sharma
CTO, Pixpa

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 05 Jul, 2011 03:35 PM

Hi Anuj --

You can do this in several different ways. I wouldn't presume to suggest what would be the "best" way for your situation.

For monthly customers, we offer discount in terms of Free Months ( 1 month free, 2 months free, etc).

You could use custom credits to issue a credit for one month, two, etc. Or, start billing after the first month or the second month. Maybe use a negative tracked item to issue a recurring discount for some customers and not others. There are many options here...

For annual customers, we offer percentage discount in Annual price plans ( 10%, 20%, etc).

Again, custom credits, negative tracked items and other billing terms are the tools available. I might suggest using a negative tracked item.

Also, we would be using your hosted pages for the payment transactions. I believe we need PCI level 4 compliance for that.

Yes, level 4 is the lowest level. I suggest contacting Gravity Payments regarding PCI compliance.

Do we need SSL on our website if we are using your hosted payment pages with PCI Level 4 compliance for our website.

SSL is not a requirement to use Hosted Pages.

2. 2 Posted by gpreet9 on 25 Jul, 2011 04:31 PM

Hi Marc,

When a Pixpa Trial user starts a subscription process, we want to send them to your hosted page where he/she can choose a plan and start a subscription. Till this time, the Pixpa Trial user is not registered in Cheddar.

How can we apply a negative tracked item or custom credit to a user who's not yet registered in Cheddar? I believe, to use your API to apply negative tracked item / custom credit to a user, the user must be registered with Cheddar first, but we do not want to create Trial users in Cheddar.

Please guide us.

Thanks,
    Anuj

3. 3 Posted by gpreet9 on 25 Jul, 2011 04:48 PM

Hi Marc,
    Can you please give us a definitive answer as to when you are upgrading CheddarGetter to support discount codes.

Also, please advise us on how we can use custom credits to give a 10% discount for one month or two months.

Regards
    Anuj

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Marc Guyer on 26 Jul, 2011 01:58 PM

How can we apply a negative tracked item or custom credit to a user who's not yet registered in Cheddar?

It's not yet possible to set tracked item quantity simultaneously when a user is created. When the user starts a subscription, are they billed immediately upon signup?

Can you please give us a definitive answer as to when you are upgrading CheddarGetter to support discount codes.

Unfortunately we do not yet have a firm timeline for discount code support.

Also, please advise us on how we can use custom credits to give a 10% discount for one month or two months.

Using a custom credit with a negative amount, you can issue the discount for one month at a time. Using a tracked item with a negative overage amount and setting the overage to the quantity of the discount, you can issue a recurring discount.

You can give a discount for one month or a recurring discount. If you want to do two months, you must either add a second custom credit after the first month is billed or remove a tracked item quantity after the second month is billed.

5. 5 Posted by gpreet9 on 02 Aug, 2011 08:54 AM

HI Marc,

I have created a test Product PIXPA_INDIA and now I want to delete that. Please guide me, how do I do that?

~Anuj

6. 6 Posted by gpreet9 on 02 Aug, 2011 01:48 PM

Hello,
    We are completely confused and frustrated with our experience of getting things started with Cheddargetter.
    The main issue is applying discount codes for customers.
    This is what we want:
    - Customer signs up on our website for a free trial. - At the end of the free trial, customer starts their subscription. At this stage we send the customer to Cheddargetter hosted page to start subscription. - However we also need to give discount to the customer: For example: 10% or 20% discount for 12 months on all monthly plans or
    10% or 20% discount - onetime on yearly payments.

We understand that this should be accomplished using negative billing via tracked items.

What we cannot understand is how to apply a negative tracked item to a customer who is on a free trial plan and is now going to start his paid subscription through the hosted payment page.

For example on a $ 9.99 monthly subscription, how do we give a $.99 discount, when the user goes to the hosted payment page to start his paid subscription.

Please advise on this. We desperately need to go live and we are wating too much time trying to figure out things with incomplete documentation on yoyr help pages.

We need to talk to someone on the phone who can guide us how to accomplish this.

If we cannot move forward with this, we will have to leave Cheddargetter in favor of Chargify / Authorize.net.

Please call us at +1 917 267 8978 ASAP today.
    Waiting.
    Gurpreet Singh
    CEO and Founder
    Pixpa Inc.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Marc Guyer on 02 Aug, 2011 03:14 PM

I have created a test Product PIXPA_INDIA and now I want to delete that. Please guide me, how do I do that?

We've deleted it for you.

For example on a $ 9.99 monthly subscription, how do we give a $.99 discount, when the user goes to the hosted payment page to start his paid subscription.

I see that you have a "Pixpa Discount" item setup with a negative overage amount. You're well on your way. I'm assuming you signup new customers on the "Pixpa Free Trial" plan when they signup. When they're ready to convert to a paid plan, simply add a quantity of 1 to the customer's "Pixpa Discount" item using the API prior to sending them over to the hosted page.

8. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 09:26 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM