Dispute resolution and chargebacks?

ersan191

21 Oct, 2013 09:52 PM

Are there any webhooks for PayPal's 'Reversed' payment status (i.e. if the customer files a dispute) or Stripe's charge.dispute.created webhook?

Is there no way to automate dispute and chargeback handling? CheddarGetter seems to take over the IPN for the PayPal subscription, but does the global account IPN still work? I don't know if it takes over the webhooks for Stripe.

Will the subscription continue to bill and be active even if a chargeback is filed? Or will the subscription automatically be cancelled?

Essentially if a customer files a dispute or chargeback we want to be able to suspend their account immediately until the dispute is resolved, but I don't see any documentation for that.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 22 Oct, 2013 02:28 PM

Is there no way to automate dispute and chargeback handling? CheddarGetter seems to take over the IPN for the PayPal subscription, but does the global account IPN still work?

CheddarGetter defines a dynamic IPN url for each Preapproval. That IPN doesn't preclude your use of the static account IPN.

I don't know if it takes over the webhooks for Stripe.

CG does not listen for Stripe webhooks.

Will the subscription continue to bill and be active even if a chargeback is filed? Or will the subscription automatically be cancelled?

I don't think we have any current functionality regarding PayPal returns. Do you have an example of a PayPal IPN message for chargeback?

2. 2 Posted by Jess Pendley on 04 Dec, 2013 02:46 PM

Hi Eric--

I was just reaching out to see if you needed any additional help with this issue? Since it has been inactive for a bit, I'm going to close this discussion, but if you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to reply to this message.

Thanks!

3. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 04 Dec, 2013 02:46 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM