pausing/restarting billing

Gregory Zimerman

23 Jun, 2011 02:49 PM

Hi Marc, I was looking to add some functionality that would allow us to pause (and eventually restart) billing for a given customer without re-entering their billing info. I came across this thread from about a year ago (http://support.cheddargetter.com/discussions/questions/207-what-is-...) and was wondering if there have been any updates on that feature.

I realized that I could potentially pause by moving the next invoice date sometime far into the future, and then re-start by moving it back to where I wanted (ideally prefer a more controlled method). What's your outlook on the pause feature as well as your thoughts/concerns on my invoice date solution? Thanks!

-Greg

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 27 Jun, 2011 02:18 PM

Your invoice date solution is exactly what we recommend. This way, you're providing a finite pause period. If someone really wants to "pause", isn't it reasonable to set the resume date? If not, it's really a cancelation...

2. 2 Posted by Gregory Zimerma... on 30 Jun, 2011 02:04 PM

Can you walk me thru the recommended process?

I've been trying this by logging on to your console, going into a customer, clicking pricing plan, changing the date for next invoice, then click "save changes".

Note, I do not touch the CC billing data, and it's set to their current payment method by default. However, after saving, their billing data is gone. What am I doing wrong?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 05 Jul, 2011 05:22 PM

Hi Greg -- Sorry for the delay. We're trying to replicate that behavior now.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Marc Guyer on 05 Jul, 2011 06:21 PM

We've replicated and a patch is in testing right now. We should be able to deploy that update this evening.

5. 5 Posted by Gregory Zimerma... on 05 Jul, 2011 06:39 PM

Thanks Marc, appreciate it. If you can ping me back when it's ready, that would be perfect!

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Marc Guyer on 05 Jul, 2011 07:24 PM

Hi again -- Testing was apparently quick with this patch -- it has been deployed. Thanks for reporting the issue and let us know if we can help further.

7. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 05 Jul, 2011 07:24 PM.

8. Greg Zimerman re-opened this discussion on 05 Jul, 2011 07:38 PM

9. 7 Posted by Greg Zimerman on 05 Jul, 2011 07:38 PM

Not a problem and thanks for the quick fix! Will let you know if there is
    any issue looking forward.

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Marc Guyer <
    [email blocked]> wrote:

10. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 05 Jul, 2011 08:32 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM