Create a One-time Invoice with promotion code.

ticotico

23 Sep, 2013 09:47 PM

hello,

Is there a way charge one time invoice with promotion code? i might be able to get around it by retrieving the promotion code and apply the percentage discount to the original price but i i need to decrement the promotion code after every use.
https://cheddargetter.com/developers#one-time-invoice

Thanks,
Tri

1. 1 Posted by Dean on 23 Sep, 2013 09:56 PM

Hi Tyler,

There's no way to apply a promotion to a one-time invoice, however you can apply credits no problem.

It might be possible to set up a solution in your app using our API to automatically apply a percentage discount as a credit. Then increase the percentage at your discretion.

May I ask what your use case for this is?

Best,
    Dean

2. 2 Posted by ticotico on 23 Sep, 2013 10:11 PM

Dean,
    Thanks Dean for your quick response. As i mentioned above, i might be able to get around it by retrieving the promotion code and apply the percentage discount to the original price. But I still need to decrement the promotion code's count after every use.
    Is there a way to update promotion code?

"using our API to automatically apply a percentage discount as a credit" would you please elaborate more on this?

We don't have subscription in our business. We charge users every time they use our service. We are planning on giving out a promotion code for 10% discount in the first 3 months (there might be more discount in the future) with a limited number of usage (like 50). Please let me know what is the alternative for this?

Thanks,
    Tri

3. 3 Posted by Dean on 23 Sep, 2013 10:17 PM

There actually isn't an API call to update a promotion, so if you'd like to go this route you'd need to make several promotions (one for each percentage discount) and then apply the appropriate promotion to the appropriate invoice.

"using our API to automatically apply a percentage discount as a credit" would you please elaborate more on this?

This would take a bit of advanced coding to do and may not be reliable. However, I imagine you could retrieve the total invoice amount, make a simple calculation to figure the percentage you'd want to credit, and execute that credit on the one-time invoice.

Best,
    Dean

4. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 21 Nov, 2013 07:50 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM