How to add information to the Paypal preapproved plans page?

Antonio Jerez Guillén

17 Sep, 2013 11:11 AM

Hey there,

Is there any way to add some information to the Paypal preapproved plans page? Right now, when a user is redirect from the hosted pages to Paypal, Paypal is only showing our company name, start date and end date (which is a date on 2016).

I think some explanation about the ending date could optimize conversions, as my totally blind guess is that people get scared when they see that date (too much commitment) and leave the funnel there. But I can't find a way to add information into the description field for Paypal. I've tried the "Descriptor" field when you're configuring the Paypal link in the Gateway section, but does nothing.

Any ideas?

Cheers

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 17 Sep, 2013 04:07 PM

I think you already came up with a solution for this. Is this a double post? Do you still have questions?

2. 2 Posted by Antonio Jerez G... on 18 Sep, 2013 10:30 AM

Hi Marc,

This is a different issue. I'm not talking about the hosted pages themselves, which got solve thanks to the tip you gave in the other thread.

I'm talking about how I can edit (add, change...) the information that appears on the Paypal page itself. Specifically the left column here: http://cl.ly/image/3B1r3726111f

Thanks!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 18 Sep, 2013 03:42 PM

Thanks for clarifying. Unfortunately that's quite an annoying limitation of PayPal. We actually try to show as little as possible in that left pane as we can. We can actually show more but it makes it even more confusing. For example, the maximum total of all payments is $10,000. We could show that but that wouldn't be good.

Really, PayPal doesn't provide for much flexibility here. Here's our docs on the customization capabilities:

http://support.cheddargetter.com/kb/getting-started-19/configuring-...

4. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 21 Nov, 2013 07:49 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM