possible to track maximum number of registered users in a month?

Shinya Koizumi

06 Jun, 2011 08:46 PM

Can tracked item can track the maximum number subscribed within a month?

Our pricing plan is to charge number of activated employees in a month if you don't deactivate the account
the same amount of employee will be carried over to the next month. Within a month if they activate/deactivate
the account we want to count as one subscription.

I was not sure if cheddargetter can track this or I need to develop script to track number of activated account in a month and update
the number to cheddargetter.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 07 Jun, 2011 03:36 PM

Hi Shinya -- I think you mean "high watermark" type billing. In other words, even if the customer reduces usage within a billing period, they are billed for the highest usage in that period. Am I understanding correctly?

The tracking is fairly simple: whatever the item quantity is set to at the end of the billing period -- that is what is billed. That quantity can optionally be carried over to the next billing period.

Does that answer your question?

2. 2 Posted by Shinya Koizumi on 07 Jun, 2011 04:49 PM

Thanks Marc,

"high watermark" type billing That's exactly what I wanted.

I see so I just have to do the counting and set up the cron job to update the tracking item at the end of each customer's billing date.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 07 Jun, 2011 07:04 PM

That sounds right. Alternatively, you could use the tracked items to record the high watermark. Then, use the transaction post hook to be notified that a customer's billing period ended and a new one has begun. At that point, you could then update the tracked item to the current level.

4. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 08:29 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM