New Client

AJ

27 Apr, 2011 09:57 PM

Hi,
I have narrowed my decision down to Chargify or Cheddar for my recurring management. Please provide a few answers so I can better understand your set up.

1. Are you PCI complaint? What level?
  2. Chase Paymentech is my merchant. Is that compatible with Cheddar?
  3. What are the main benefits between using Cheddar Gateway vs my current Authorize.net gateway?
  4. Cheddar Gateway -- How is the customer data stored and by whom?
  5. Credit Card Portability -- how is this supported by your Cheddar?
    5a. If supported how is the data requested and delivered?
  6. What are your support options?
  7. How long has Cheddar been in business?
  8. Roughly how many active accounts are your currently processing?
  9. How will you protect your current customers if you where to go out of business? What is your customer transition plan?

Thanks
AJ

Hopefully I can make my final decision today.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 28 Apr, 2011 07:22 PM

Are you PCI complaint? What level?

We are currently in the process of gaining certification at service provider level 1 for CheddarGetter. It's a long and arduous process. The CheddarGateway is service provider level 1 compliant.

Chase Paymentech is my merchant. Is that compatible with Cheddar?

Yes, we can plug a Paymentech account into the CheddarGateway

What are the main benefits between using Cheddar Gateway vs my current Authorize.net gateway?

CheddarGateway is included in the CheddarGetter pricing. Also, if a scenario arrises when it would be beneficial to check transaction data at the gateway for you, we can do that. In other words, the two are supported as a package. If you use another gateway, it significantly limits our ability to support you.

Cheddar Gateway -- How is the customer data stored and by whom?

CheddarGetter does not store credit card data. This task is passed to CheddarGateway, a hosted NMI gateway. NMI's Customer Vault is a PCI compliant storage mechanism.

Credit Card Portability -- how is this supported by your Cheddar?

Two ways. 1) Unencrypted card numbers are portable from CheddarGateway as long as you provide proof of PCI compliance at the appropriate level (a minimum of merchant level 2 but could be higher depending on your volume). The PCI compliant limitation would be the same for any service who claims to provide true card number portability. 2) You can organically migrate customers from one gateway to another over time within the CheddarGetter platform. As customers' cards expire or they switch pricing plans (or for whatever reason, need to reenter their payment information), they are moved to the new gateway. Eventually, you turn off the old gateway. This option avoids the PCI compliance burden.

What are your support options?

Community public forum support is provided on all plans. On higher plans, private forum/email support is included. Higher levels of support are available.

How long has Cheddar been in business?

Approximately 2.5 years

Roughly how many active accounts are your currently processing?

We are executing in the neighborhood of 7k transactions per month

How will you protect your current customers if you where to go out of business? What is your customer transition plan?

Well, we don't plan to go out of business. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of http://sproutbox.com. Virtually all of SproutBox's portfolio companies' billing is provided by CheddarGettter. It's simply not an option for CG to stop functioning. We would figure out a way to make it work even in the worst case scenario.

2. 2 Posted by AJ on 28 Apr, 2011 09:01 PM

Ok... so what would be my options if I had 2000 customers billing each month on CheddarGetter and I wanted to stop using Cheddar and move my recurring management/processing to another company?

3. 3 Posted by AJ on 28 Apr, 2011 09:08 PM

Two ways. 1) Unencrypted card numbers are portable from CheddarGateway as long as you provide proof of PCI compliance at the appropriate level (a minimum of merchant level 2 but could be higher depending on your volume).

What is merchant level 2?

4. 4 Posted by AJ on 28 Apr, 2011 10:40 PM

And again what are your support options?

You stated that email support and higher levels of support are available -- what are those higher support options?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Marc Guyer on 29 Apr, 2011 01:01 AM

Ok... so what would be my options if I had 2000 customers billing each month on CheddarGetter and I wanted to stop using Cheddar and move my recurring management/processing to another company?

That depends on the gateway. WIth CheddarGateway, you can get your credit card numbers and take them anywhere. Otherwise, the new subscription manager would need to be integrated with the gateway in the same way as CheddarGetter.

What is merchant level 2?

If I'm not mistaken, this is the minimum level which permits possession by a merchant of complete credit card information.

And again what are your support options?

Standard email support means response times by CheddarGetter staff of up to 2 business days for typical requests but most often within a couple of hours. Elevated levels of support include priority email support (up to 4 hours response time by CG staff) and enterprise support (includes phone). Elevated support levels may require an additional monthly charge based on your transaction volume.

6. 6 Posted by A.J. Washington on 29 Apr, 2011 01:26 AM

I can get my credit card numbers if i am a merchant level 2 or does that not matter at that point?

7. 7 Posted by A.J. Washington on 29 Apr, 2011 01:35 AM

So basically... customer data is not transferable legally unless I am pci
    merchant level 2.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Marc Guyer on 29 Apr, 2011 12:35 PM

The PCI DSS is not a law. However, PCI compliance certification is a prerequisite to receiving decrypted card numbers from CheddarGateway.

9. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 04:58 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM