No-Credit-Card-Required trial period

Ben Serrette

19 Apr, 2011 06:33 PM

Hi.

I've been looking through the discussions and have seen a few references to a "no credit card required trial period" option. I'm wondering if this has been implemented yet / how to implement it. I haven't seen anything in the API documentation about it (though it's very possible that I've overlooked something).

Obviously, I could implement this featuring using a free account and checks in the app, but if there's a built-in method, I'd rather use that.

Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 19 Apr, 2011 10:54 PM

This is quite simple. You can have your customers signup for a paid plan which is setup to bill sometime in the future. The trial period ends when the first bill is scheduled to occur. You can then use the Bill Reminder email to remind the customer that their trial is about to expire. If they don't enter billing info before the first bill is due, CG will auto-cancel the account.

You must also uncheck "Require credit card on paid subscriptions" in settings

2. 2 Posted by Ben Serrette on 20 Apr, 2011 01:01 PM

Awesome. It was the "Require credit card" check box that was eluding me. Thanks :)

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 20 Apr, 2011 02:31 PM

We've been planning a KB article on the subject. Sorry for the difficulty.

4. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 20 Apr, 2011 02:31 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM