a few questions about the new and old plans

james

12 Apr, 2011 09:16 PM

Hi,

please excuse the directness, it's probably quicker if i just write these as a list...

1. With both your new and old plans is a 'customer' considered to be anyone who we add to your system? So are we billed for customers who are registered on a free account as well, or only paying customers?
  2. I see that you've now integrated paypal into cheddar getter.
    • i can't find the exact post, but what's changed from when you'd decided not to implement it (i think it was in October)? Have all the issues now been ironed out on their side?
    • can you only use paypal with the new plans, or will it be possible to integrate it with the old plans?
    • We've only just finished hooking up CG to our system using your API, so if we were to choose paypal, would this mean extra development was necessary in order for it to work?
    • can we use paypal pro, to allow our customers to pay with either credit cards or paypal?
    • am i correct in thinking that there are still potentially issues if a customer sets up a subscription using their paypal account, as depending on how they have it set up, will depend on whether the money is actually available to pay the recurring subscription? So potentially the payment could still fail?
  3. Are you still developing features for the old plans, or will all new features only exist on the new plans?
  4. Is there a date for when the new 'discount' codes will be implemented, so that it will be simpler to have recurring or one off discounts?
  5. Finally, i have a CG account, but it won't let me log in to your support using those details?

Sorry again for the list, i just thought it would be the clearest for us both.

Kind regards,

James

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 13 Apr, 2011 01:36 PM

With both your new and old plans is a 'customer' considered to be anyone who we add to your system? So are we billed for customers who are registered on a free account as well, or only paying customers?

On existing (soon to be old) plans, any customer is counted whether they are paid or free. On new plans, customer count is irrelevant. Only transactions are counted.

i can't find the exact post, but what's changed from when you'd decided not to implement it (i think it was in October)? Have all the issues now been ironed out on their side?

We hesitated to implement PP because of the end customer experience and the cost. The complexity of PP's APIs were also a concern. We've had to change some of the architecture of the system to accomodate. The X Platform, specifically Preapprovals, has matured a bit since we created CG.

can you only use paypal with the new plans, or will it be possible to integrate it with the old plans?

Not sure what you mean by "plans" here. I think you mean our pricing plans but that is just a definition of how we charge for service. Pricing plans do not inherently limit CG's capabilities. We have configured the new "Starting Up" plan to restrict use of a traditional gateway (only PP is possible). On the "Blowing Up" plan, there is no such restriction.

We've only just finished hooking up CG to our system using your API, so if we were to choose paypal, would this mean extra development was necessary in order for it to work?

Yes, a little. We will be releasing documentation on this subject as soon as possible.

can we use paypal pro, to allow our customers to pay with either credit cards or paypal?

Yes and no. There's a nice post on the subject here: http://blog.cheddargetter.com/post/4417605518/paypal-standard-v-web...

am i correct in thinking that there are still potentially issues if a customer sets up a subscription using their paypal account, as depending on how they have it set up, will depend on whether the money is actually available to pay the recurring subscription? So potentially the payment could still fail?

Yes, of course a PP payment can fail. The behavior of CG will be very similar in this case as to when a CC payment is declined or expired.

Are you still developing features for the old plans, or will all new features only exist on the new plans?

Again, I'm confused about the use of the word "plans" here. CG is the same under the hood not matter which pricing plan you're subscribed to. The difference between plans is simply pricing and feature availability. For the most part, all new features will be available to all subscribers. However, it is possible that some new features will be restricted to higher tier plan subscribers.

Is there a date for when the new 'discount' codes will be implemented, so that it will be simpler to have recurring or one off discounts?

Not yet. We really want to do this for many reasons. However, it's not currently scheduled. We'll get through this current dev cycle then start discussing what comes next.

Finally, i have a CG account, but it won't let me log in to your support using those details?

The two systems are separate.

2. 2 Posted by james on 13 Apr, 2011 04:38 PM

Hi Marc,

thanks a lot for taking the time to answer all my questions.

By 'plans', i mean your pricing plans, new and old. So will it be possible to use paypal with your existing 'basic' plan?

"Are you still developing features for the old plans, or will all new features only exist on the new plans?"

What i meant by this was, if we select one your existing (soon to be old plans), would any new features added to CG also be available on those plans. I see what you mean though, that each plan's (new or old) feature set is only restricted by the price and definition of the plan.

Cheers,

James

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 13 Apr, 2011 08:10 PM

I had a feeling that's what you meant but it just seemed odd... By default, all plans include new features and functionality as it is released. We would need to specifically decide to restrict a new feature on a particular plan. That's less likely to happen than not.

So will it be possible to use paypal with your existing 'basic' plan?

As of the next major release, all plans will support the paypal functionality. In other words, any paid plan will include support for paypal.

4. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 04:49 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM