PayPal Standard and Credit Card

Johannes Hocksell

07 Apr, 2011 09:16 PM

I just read your blog post http://blog.cheddargetter.com/post/4417605518/paypal-standard-v-web... and wanted to make sure I understood correctly.

So using PayPal Standard and CG I can only charge customers PayPal account, if there is money? In other words, you mean that with PayPal Standard I can't charge the customers credit card in any way?

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 07 Apr, 2011 09:27 PM

Right, you can't do it with Standard. However, we are talking to PayPal about the potential to support direct credit card for preapprovals in the future.

You can do it if you get your own merchant account/gateway.

2. 2 Posted by Johannes Hockse... on 07 Apr, 2011 09:45 PM

Ok, maybe I phrased my question badly. So I will ask again.

When customer goes from our website with the help of CG to PayPal he logs in (or creates an account) to his PayPal account. Then he will accept our monthly fee. From where will the money be charged each month? From the customers PayPal account if he has transfered money there, or will PayPal charge the money from customers credit card directly and then transfer it to us?

What I am trying to ask is, does our customer have to transfer money to their PayPal account manually each month?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 07 Apr, 2011 10:32 PM

I see. If I'm not mistaken, as long as the customer has a valid "funding source" for their paypal account, it will happen automatically.

4. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 04:26 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM