New Pricing Scheme Questions

ManySpears

30 Mar, 2011 07:45 PM

Anyone browsing this support question, be sure to read the CG blog post here:
http://blog.cheddargetter.com/post/4211900640/new-pricing-plans

Questions:

• Are you making all existing "Free for First 20" customers jump to the $19/mo + $0.25/tx plan as of April 30? Or are they grandfathered?

• If grandfathered, will these free customers be able to make the leap to the new $19/mo + $0.25/tx plan when ready?

• Is the CheddarGateway still priced the same? ($20/mo and $0.15/tx)

• How does the free trial interplay here?

Thanks,

Tom

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 30 Mar, 2011 08:52 PM

Are you making all existing "Free for First 20" customers jump to the $19/mo + $0.25/tx plan as of April 30? Or are they grandfathered?

NO, NO, NO! All existing customers will be grandfathered on their current plan. "Free" plan subscribers may stay on the that plan indefinitely as long as they have <= 20 customers.

If grandfathered, will these free customers be able to make the leap to the new $19/mo + $0.25/tx plan when ready?

Yes and no. You may move to any plan which fits your usage and is available at the time you wish to make the change. The "Starting up" plan does not include support for credit card gateways -- only PayPal. If you are currently using or plan to use a traditional credit card gateway, you must be on the "Blowing up" plan if you make the change after 4/30. If you want gateway support, you might consider moving to the $39/mo plan or the $169/mo plan before 4/30.

Is the CheddarGateway still priced the same? ($20/mo and $0.15/tx)

Yes, but only if you're on a legacy plan (available plans prior to 4/30). The CheddarGateway monthly and transaction fees will be included with the "Blowing up" plan. Yes, that's right: CheddarGateway will be available at no extra charge when subscribed to the "Blowing up" plan. Monthly credit card processing fees, per-transaction fees and cardholder data vault fees are included. All other gateway add-on services (e.g., iSpyFraud service) will still be an additional charge.

How does the free trial interplay here?

All plans will continue to include a 1 month free trial. In other words, once you sign up for a paid plan, you will not be billed until 1 month after signup. If you cancel your account prior to the end of the first month, you will not be charged.

2. 2 Posted by Eric on 30 Mar, 2011 10:57 PM

I'm not happy about the new pricing.

In fact you're going to be the most expensive solution on the market! In the chart of the following blog post your going to cost $60 more than the most expensive solution Spreedly:
    http://newspaperexperiments.wordpress.com/2010/07/09/comparing-spre...

Any chance you're going to revise that pricing?
    We have an app in development which won't be ready before 4/30. Until now we were planning to use CG, but after this news we'll probably consider going with our 2nd choice.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 31 Mar, 2011 08:37 PM

Where CG stacks up against other providers where cost is concerned depends on quite a few variables. A couple of big ones: own many paying vs free customers you plan to have and whether or not you plan to use a credit card gateway (rather than PayPal only).

A transactional model was the only way for us to reconcile all of the differences between the types of merchants out there. It's really the only way it make sense for CG as well as the bulk of merchants. We've already thought long and hard on the subject so we wont be changing the basic structure any time soon. However, I'd be happy to discuss your model specifically.

When are you planning to be ready? If you had your heart set on the $39/mo plan, maybe it wouldn't be so bad to lock it in on 4/30. After all, you wouldn't be charged your first $39 until 5/30.

4. 4 Posted by bryan heu on 01 Apr, 2011 03:05 AM

ok, so the current plans would still be available until 04/30?

I'm also weighing the old vs new plan structure and may "lock in" on of the old plans if it makes more sense for us with where we're at (or expected to be at).

Thanks.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Marc Guyer on 04 Apr, 2011 12:59 PM

That's correct. Current plans will be available until 4/30.

6. 6 Posted by frank on 04 Apr, 2011 11:23 PM

I too am not very excited about the new pricing. I am strongly considering locking in the "old" pricing for the new app I am coding.

Question,
    In the old pricing scheme, what is considered a customer?
    Is a customer, an actual person with a membership? or is it someone that is being charged? We offer a very simple FREE account, which we already know will be around 90% of our business. Since its free, there are no credit cards, but we would like to give them the option to UPGRADE to a paid account.

If i go with a "old" grandfathered plan, will these free subscribers be considered Subscribers?

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Marc Guyer on 05 Apr, 2011 12:54 PM

In the old pricing scheme, what is considered a customer? Is a customer, an actual person with a membership? or is it someone that is being charged?

All customers are counted, free or otherwise.

If i go with a "old" grandfathered plan, will these free subscribers be considered Subscribers?

Yes

8. 8 Posted by Frank Basti on 06 Apr, 2011 01:33 AM

I think Chargify is a more reasonable solution for us.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 5:55 AM
    To: Frank Basti
    Subject: Re: New Pricing Scheme Questions [Questions]

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Marc Guyer on 06 Apr, 2011 01:46 PM

Interesting... Would you mind letting us know how you came to that conclusion? Have you considered the cost of the gateway?

10. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 04:23 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM