How to ignore new new tracked item?

Dan Kamins

21 Mar, 2011 07:27 PM

Our stock exchange service charges customers based on the total size of their investment.
We want to add some new plans that charge not based on investment size, but on number of trades per period.

So we will add two new tracked item: "TRADE_BUYS" and "TRADE_SELLS".
Our system will run every hour and push new data into CG for any user who has made trades in the past hour.

My question/concern is how to set our original (still charging based on investment size only) plans for these new tracked items. My understanding is that if we leave the new tracked items at 0 included, 0 overage, then CG will respond with an error when we push any non-zero number of trades in.

The only solution I can think of is to make the included amount in the original plans some impossibly large number. Then set the overage to either 0 (potential for errors when hitting this "limit"), or some small value (potential for accidentally charging customers when hitting this "limit").

Is there some way to say for a plan "this tracked item is going to have a value, but we don't want to limit or charge the customer for it"?
If not, and we have to do the workaround I mentioned, can you please suggest any issues or specifics in dealing with this situation?

Thank you much.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 23 Mar, 2011 01:26 PM

It's not in the interface but an included amount of 99999999 signifies an unlimited amount included.

In that case, the overage amount is irrelevant but I suggest setting it to zero.

2. 2 Posted by Dan Kamins on 24 Mar, 2011 05:31 AM

Thank you. To be clear, you are saying that 99999999 (99,999,999) is a magic number and we could potentially set larger values as the quantity used without getting errors? Or just that this is a big number that's more than anybody would normally use?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 24 Mar, 2011 06:25 PM

It's actually 99999999.9 -- I had forgotten we made it a fraction. Yes, it is a magic number and you can set larger values. It's also a requirement to have overage set to zero for the magic to happen. There's also a bit of documentation here now:

http://support.cheddargetter.com/kb/pricing-plans/pricing-plan-basics

under "Tracked Items" number 7. If the magic happened, the plan will say 'unlimited' for the item in your plans list: http://cheddargetter.com/admin/plans

4. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 24 Mar, 2011 06:25 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM