Are "periodic" tracked items reset at midnight on the billing date or at the time the bill is successfully transacted?

alex

13 Mar, 2011 05:54 PM

Our application needs to be aware of which tracked items have already been billed, and which tracked items go on the next bill. If we increment tracked items after midnight on the bill date, will those items go on the next bill even if the transaction for the current bill hasn't been processed? Intuitively, I would think they go on the next bill since they happened after midnight on the bill date. If this is the case, is the timezone that I have set in "My Info" used?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 13 Mar, 2011 09:39 PM

Are "periodic" tracked items reset at midnight on the billing date or at the time the bill is successfully transacted?

Neither -- The billing period ends strictly on the billingDatetime of the invoice. The period goes from billingDatetime to billingDatetime.

If this is the case, is the timezone that I have set in "My Info" used?

Yes, however it doesn't matter which timezone is used since datetimes are returned via the API in ISO 8601 format (including timezone offset).

2. 2 Posted by alex on 13 Mar, 2011 10:09 PM

Thanks, Marc.

It might be nice to include the invoice billingDateTime in the event push notification for transactions. That way, we could retain it without having to first fetch the customer and all its invoices from your API when we receive the event push notification.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 14 Mar, 2011 03:00 PM

Agreed. This is on the todo list.

4. alex closed this discussion on 14 Mar, 2011 03:02 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM