Subscription billing like Skype has

Tim

09 Mar, 2011 11:29 PM

With Skype I can by 10$ in credits which I then can use for several years to come.

I want my customers to pay in a similar model, and an API to keep track of how much they have used, so I can do a webservice call to see if there is enough credit or not before continuing to provide service, and use a webservice call to decrement the remaining credit amount after service is complete. Can CheddarGetter do this?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 10 Mar, 2011 02:35 PM

Tim -- We don't have a great way to do this natively right now. However, we have a feature in development right now which will support this type of model quite elegantly. If you're familiar with the tracked items feature which already exists, this will make more sense: http://support.cheddargetter.com/kb/pricing-plans/pricing-plan-basics

The feature in development right now is what we call parallel one-time invoices. This will enable you to charge in real-time for anthing (skype-like credits, for example).

So, what you would do is setup a tracked item with unlimited quantity included simply to serve as a container for storing the customer's current quantity of the item. When the customer purchases credits, you would add the number of credits purchased to the customer's current quantity of the item. When the customer "uses" a credit, simply decrement the customer's current quantity of the item. When the customer's current quantity of the item gets to zero (or some low point), they are instructed to buy more credits.

2. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 04:20 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM