Why CG

ishuguptas

22 Mar, 2013 11:24 AM

I run a Pay per click service for of my clients.
They give us a budget based on daily/weekly/monthly/yearly limit basis based on which we setup their adwords profiles.

Now we want them to be billed automatically for these expenses or let them pay in advance to avail these services.
Each of the individual customers can signup for the same product PPC but have many campaigns which most obviously be different and have different budget limits.
Now please help me understand how CG would let me bill my clients.
Do I need to continue using my Authorize.net to store my customers CC infos and payment profiles to be PCI compliant?
Also does CG charge per customer or per transaction?
Also can my customers login to CG to view their dues and past payments and change their payment information.

1. 1 Posted by Dean on 28 Mar, 2013 03:13 PM

Hi Ishu,

I'd be happy to answer your questions.

Do I need to continue using my Authorize.net to store my customers CC infos and payment profiles to be PCI compliant?

This is probably a good bet if you are already using Authorize.net.

Also does CG charge per customer or per transaction?

We charge per transaction, NOT per customer. Our 'Blowing Up' plan serves at a rate of $0.20/txn.

Also can my customers login to CG to view their dues and past payments and change their payment information.

You customers cannot log in to CheddarGetter, but they do receive e-mail notifications of payment receipts/reminders/updates etc. This is all customizable in your CG account. Our merchants use either the API or the Hosted Pages to allow their customers to update payment information and signup for pricing plans.

I hope this sheds a little light for you. If you have any further questions, please let us know!

All the best,
    Dean

2. 2 Posted by ishuguptas on 01 Apr, 2013 10:12 AM

Hi Dean,
    Thanks for the information.

Further to this I'd like to know the following:

1. Can I have hierarchical structure for my clients with CG?? i.e, Level 1 (Myself) Level 2 (My Clients) Level 3 (My client's locations). I need to bill the individual client locations but also need to keep them under the same major client which can thus monitor the individual locations's spend.

2. Do I need Authorize's CIM service for storing the client's billing info?

3. Does the blow-up plan's cost of $79 include the cost of CIM (of $ 20, as I understand that CG does not by itself store CC billing info for PCI compliance)?

4. Can I transfer the amount received through the CG to a third party like Paypal/Google, etc through API?

5. "Each of the individual customers can signup for the same product PPC but have many campaigns which most obviously be different and have different budget limits."
      As I understood CG requires billing plans to be setup for the customers to be signed up and billed for. But we need something where our individual customers decide how much they want to spend and are billed based recurringly based on this amount and on closing balance of the preceding period.

6. Is there any upper limit on the no of transactions/customers billed etc. in the Blowing up plan?

7. Do you store the invoices/bills paid of our clients which we can access provide this information to our clients through your API?

Thanks,
    Ishu

3. 3 Posted by Dean on 08 Apr, 2013 08:56 PM

Ishu,

Can I have hierarchical structure for my clients with CG?? i.e, Level 1 (Myself) Level 2 (My Clients) Level 3 (My client's locations). I need to bill the individual client locations but also need to keep them under the same major client which can thus monitor the individual locations's spend.

I'm not sure what you need here. It sounds like you might need a customer management tool of which we are not. I suppose you could group your customers with some identifier in their customer code.

Do I need Authorize's CIM service for storing the client's billing info?

If you decide to use Auth.net's gateway, then this would be a safe and secure option for you. We do not touch sensitive CC information here at CheddarGetter.

Does the blow-up plan's cost of $79 include the cost of CIM (of $ 20, as I understand that CG does not by itself store CC billing info for PCI compliance)?

CIM is something Authorize.net provides. All merchant account fees are completely separate from our own. You are correct in thinking that we do not store CC info.

Can I transfer the amount received through the CG to a third party like Paypal/Google, etc through API?

We do not move funds, so I'm thinking this a question for your gateway provider.

"Each of the individual customers can signup for the same product PPC but have many campaigns which most obviously be different and have different budget limits." As I understood CG requires billing plans to be setup for the customers to be signed up and billed for. But we need something where our individual customers decide how much they want to spend and are billed based recurringly based on this amount and on closing balance of the preceding period.

Yes, customers need to be on a pricing plan, however we created Tracked Items for situations like this. With Tracked Items, can grant your customers more control over what they spend and what services they receive. If you're having trouble finding a solution there, I'd be happy to help further.

Is there any upper limit on the no of transactions/customers billed etc. in the Blowing up plan?

No. In fact, it's possible to obtain discounts at high volumes of transactions.

Do you store the invoices/bills paid of our clients which we can access provide this information to our clients through your API?

We do not provide a history of invoices through the API, but you can use e-mail notifications to deliver invoices for your clients to track. You can, of course, see your customers detailed account records but they cannot use CheddarGetter in the same way.

All the best,
    Dean

4. 4 Posted by ishuguptas on 10 Apr, 2013 04:12 PM

Hi Dean,
    Thanks for the reply.

There are just a few more steps in the way of letting us commit to cheddargetter.
    We have started working using your developer plan to trying to setup customers, plans, subscribe customers to plans, associate them with new plans, cancel their subscriptions, etc.

What we miss now is:

1. How actually would CG store our customer's billing info if we do not have any setup for doing that? Is there any in house facility for this available with CG if we go with CG gateway that comes with the blowing up plan?

2. We have decided to have fixed plans for our customers but still we haven't been able to figure out how we would make adjustment for remaining balance in their account at the end of every billing term?

3. We were successful in adding test customers with test card details (as per our understanding real card details are not supported on test account) but we are unable to understand how would you bill our customer at the beginning of the next cycle?

4. How can we customize the hosting page design (https://zc.chargevault.com/create) or can we upload our own html?

Thanks,
    Ishu

5. 5 Posted by Dean on 10 Apr, 2013 05:58 PM

Ishu,

How actually would CG store our customer's billing info if we do not have any setup for doing that? Is there any in house facility for this available with CG if we go with CG gateway that comes with the blowing up plan? Also how does

Your customers' billing info will be stored in the native gateway.

We were successful in adding test customers with test card details (as per our understanding real card details are not supported on test account) but we are unable to understand how would you bill our customer at the beginning of the next cycle?

I'm not sure I understand your question here. Could you please clarify? It might be easier for me if you explain your use case in detail.

How can we customize the hosting page design (https://zc.chargevault.com/create) or can we upload our own html?

You can customize the hosted pages using your own CSS by uploading it here: https://cheddargetter.com/admin/hosted-settings/theme. Uploading raw HTML is not possible, however you can use the psuedo elements :before and :after to add custom content.

Cheers,
    Dean

6. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 21 Nov, 2013 07:38 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM