Email Support

Kelsey Grauke

17 Mar, 2013 09:13 PM

Hi,

What I am attempting to do is set up a subscription based website for meal plans. Users will be able to go to my site, sign up for a meal plan, and then I need them to be billed once a month for their subscription. I'm planning on using E-Junkie to handle the downloads, but I need a way to automate the e-mails. Do you support e-mail campaigns or will I have to go through another service like MailChimp.

Thanks,
Kelsey

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 18 Mar, 2013 12:03 PM

Hi Kelsey -- I'm sure CheddarGetter can do this for you but I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by "downloads" and "e-mails". CheddarGetter does send emails to your customers on your behalf for various reasons including payment receipts, declines, expiring credit card, etc. Is this what you mean? Perhaps I can help further if you'll describe your model in some detail.

2. 2 Posted by Kelsey Grauke on 19 Mar, 2013 12:30 PM

Hi Marc,

Thanks for getting back to me! What I want to do is enroll clients in a meal subscription plan. Every month they receive their bill through CheddarGetter, but then they also need to receive an email every month with a link to download their meal plans. This link will change every month. Is this something CheddarGetter can do? Send out an additional email every month that I can edit to include a different link every time?

Thanks,
    Kelsey

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 19 Mar, 2013 01:27 PM

I see. The email sent by CG is fully customizable and personalized to the customer but not manually editable on-the-fly as you describe. Your changing links could be automated and used within the email template via the customer metadata. You would be required to update each customer's metadata with the new link prior to each customer's recurring bill.

Alternatively, you could use CG's webhooks (specifically the transaction event hook) to notify your system that a customer has been charged, triggering an email of your own.

4. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 21 Nov, 2013 07:36 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM