CG Monthly Billing Plans

Derrick Grigg

26 Feb, 2011 09:33 PM

I'm comparing CG against other online payment services and I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around the monthly plans you offer. The basic flat rates make sense, however once you go over the user limits the math doesn't seem to add up.

If I sign up for the basic account I can manage 1000 customers for $39/month. If I have 1001 customers the charge is $39.19, makes sense. If I have 2000 customers the monthly charge is $39 + (2000-1000)*.19 = $229, at 9999 customers the charge is $1748.81 however if I hit 10000 customers the charge now drastically drops down to $169 and now each customer over the 10000 costs an extra .06 per month, until the next user limit is hit.

Is that how the plans work with the user limits or does the per user charge count for all users over 1000? If that's the case some better explanation is needed on the pricing pages.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 01 Mar, 2011 03:21 PM

Hi Derrick -- Sorry for the delay...

All of your math appears correct. At the current rates it makes sense to switch from the Basic plan to the Advanced plan at about 1700 total customers. Then from Advanced to Premium at about 16000 total customers.

Soon, we'll be introducing a new pricing model which will make costs quite clear and tied more directly to transactions rather than customer accounts. Existing CG customers will have the choice to stay on their current plan or move to the new model depending on what suits their business best.

2. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 04:09 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac