does CG support virtual currency

jess

14 Feb, 2011 08:04 PM

Say a user buys 20 credits in our system. can they use 10 credits to buy a 6 month subscription?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 14 Feb, 2011 09:52 PM

Hmm... I don't think I understand your question 100% but I suspect that you can do what you want in a number of ways. Are you familiar with the custom credits feature? How about the tracked items feature?

With custom credits, for example, you could issue a credit on an invoice according to the amount of 6 month's worth of the subscription. This will effectively offset the cost of invoice.

You could even delay the first bill of the invoice for 6 months...

2. 2 Posted by jess on 24 Feb, 2011 04:38 PM

Marc,

Well I am referring to the spread sheet here,

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=ta4Qd4YNAIL8437A...

Which has cheddar getter marked as supporting Vitrual currency.

I have no idea if thats accurate or what it means, just asking.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 24 Feb, 2011 06:30 PM

We consider virtual currency the ability to charge customers in multiple currencies (e.g., USD, EUR, GBP, etc).

4. 4 Posted by jess on 24 Feb, 2011 06:36 PM

ok great, that is a terrible interpretation of the word in the spread sheet. as virtual currency universally means in-game currency or something to that effect.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Marc Guyer on 26 Feb, 2011 12:16 AM

Let's talk specifics about what you'd like to do. Can you describe the use-case you'd like to accomplish?

6. 6 Posted by jess on 01 Mar, 2011 06:20 PM

Well the use case would be to allow a user to buy credits that they could then spend on digital goods.

However this is not something I would expect to from a recuring billing service, so no worries.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Marc Guyer on 07 Mar, 2011 04:28 PM

I see. This can be accomplished in several ways. Some friends of CheddarGetter, http://whimmill.com are using various techniques to do in-game credits. For example, you can use CG to simply charge for the credits and keep the number of credits for each customer yourself. We're actually in the middle of an improvement that Whim Mill has suggested. After the improvement, you will be able to use tracked items to keep track of credits and charge customers for more credits.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Marc Guyer on 10 Mar, 2011 02:37 PM

Jess -- Is this something you might be interested in? Here's a little better description of the technique for pre-paid credits: http://support.cheddargetter.com/discussions/questions/576-subscrip...

9. 9 Posted by jess on 10 Mar, 2011 03:06 PM

Yeah that might work. Thanks for the heads up.

10. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 04:20 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM