Countries Supported?

Yoseph West

14 Feb, 2011 04:18 PM

Hi, which countries does CheddarGetter support? We're based in Canada and will have customers buying from both Canada and the U.S.

1. 1 Posted by Yoseph West on 14 Feb, 2011 04:20 PM

Sorry, accidentally pressed the wrong button. Please answer this question. :)

2. 2 Posted by Anon Cowherd on 14 Feb, 2011 04:40 PM

Europe wants to know too. Can you handle non-US customers, unlike so many other services out there?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 14 Feb, 2011 09:27 PM

Hi Yoseph -- CheddarGetter supports virtually every country. This question is really two-fold. Support for merchants and support for consumers.

The answer to the question for consumers is easy: CheddarGetter, and really any credit card merchant account, supports payment from any consumer with a valid credit card regardless of the country of issue. Payment is credited in the currency dictated by the merchant account to your bank account and debited from the consumer's balance in their own currency (converted based on conversion rates at the time of settlement).

Merchant support is the tricky part. CheddarGetter must support a gateway which supports a merchant's credit card merchant account or processing platform. In the case of Canadian merchants, we can can support you using our own gateway, CheddarGateway, and a merchant account through one of the following providers:

• Beanstream (CAD)
    • EPX (multiple currencies)
    • Elavon
    • Global Payments Canada (CAD)
    • Hypercharge (multiple)
    • Moneris (CAD, USD)
    • Optimal Payments (CAD, USD)
    • Paygea (CAD, USD)
    • Payvision (multiple) - a CheddarGetter partner

I listed currencies because this might also be a concern for you as you may want to accept payment in currencies other than CAD.

4. 4 Posted by Marc Gayle on 18 Feb, 2011 01:31 AM

Do you guys support companies in Jamaica ?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Marc Guyer on 18 Feb, 2011 04:18 PM

Hi Marc -- Good question. We can theoretically support merchants based in any country. The trick is figuring out the best way. Let's start by filling out the attached form. If you're a startup, use a reasonable estimate at 6 months for monthly volume.

6. 6 Posted by Grigory on 03 Mar, 2011 06:18 PM

How about Russia?

As far as I know, the most popular merchant account provider here is Moneybookers, UK-based international company. Does CheddarGateway support them?

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Marc Guyer on 04 Mar, 2011 03:47 PM

Hi Grigory -- We don't currently support Moneybookers.

8. 8 Posted by Philippe-Antoin... on 29 Jun, 2011 08:21 PM

Hi Marc,
    I just ran a search on feefighters.ca for a good merchant account and sadly none of the results they proposed figure on your supported list. Here is the result from feefighters:

1. Payfirma
    2. Chase Payment
    3. Pivotal Partners
    4. Paypal
      5 ....

The rest is to expensive.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Marc Guyer on 29 Jun, 2011 08:55 PM

Curious that you have found Chase Payment as a Canadian merchant. Chase merchant accounts are compatible with CheddarGateway. However, we've never set one up outside of the US. There could be some unforeseen issue. Would you like to explore this further?

The other option is our own partner, Payvision. The Payvision process starts here: https://cheddargetter.com/admin/gateway/new.

10. 10 Posted by Philippe-Antoin... on 29 Jun, 2011 10:50 PM

Yes, since I was getting really good price with them. Is it something you can investigate on you own or you need my assistance?

I could contact Chase Payment Canada, do you have any kind of requirement list I could hand them to see if there's a fit?

p.s. I read on a Hacker News thread that Shopify (canadien) is working with Chase Canada and Braintree (who is supposedly only compatible with Chase U.S.) find. So may be there's a possibility with you guys. (http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=2302758)

In the meantime I will tried to get a quote from your partner. tks

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Marc Guyer on 29 Jun, 2011 11:23 PM

Is it Chase Paymentech Salem platform?

12. 12 Posted by Philippe Lehoux on 29 Jun, 2011 11:51 PM

I've asked them, I'm waiting for an answer.

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Marc Guyer <
    [email blocked]> wrote:

13. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 09:21 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM