Event Post Notification Failures

bret

19 Jan, 2011 03:20 AM

If an event notification fails (timeout, 500 error, etc.), is it queued and tried again later?

If a notification fails (either immediately or ultimately), is an e-mail sent to the GC account owner?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 19 Jan, 2011 11:42 PM

If an event notification fails (timeout, 500 error, etc.), is it queued and tried again later?

Currently there isn't a queueing mechanism for push events. This is on our extended roadmap.

If a notification fails (either immediately or ultimately), is an e-mail sent to the GC account owner?

No. There is a log of the failure here: https://cheddargetter.com/admin/report/errors

2. 2 Posted by bryan heu on 20 Jan, 2011 01:53 AM

We plan to rely on the Event notifications to tell us when to suspend users in our app. We'll adopt ChedderGetter's process for canceling an account (immediately with expired card or after 5 declines or about 10 days).

When a user updates their payment information in our app, we'll rely on the Transaction Event response "approved" to know that we should re-enable their account access on our end.

Of course, I'm a little concerned that we might miss one of these crucial notifications. I would love to see the notification queued until it's successfully sent (after reasonable attempts of course), or an email if failed might also be useful. Otherwise I need to think of a way to reconcile our users against CG's status just in case...sounds like a bit of work to implement.

Bump for this feature request!

3. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 23 May, 2012 08:06 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac