Question about billing/cvv

Gregory Zimerman

17 Jan, 2011 04:26 PM

On our billing page, I am looking to require valid CVV (which I've done by setting the "reject if error_code=N" option on authorize.net). However, will this setting value then require CVV on each subsequent recurring charge? As I understand the CVV is never stored and cannot be used for subsequent validations of a recurring payment. Any guidance you can give me on how to configure to achieve my goal would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

-greg

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 18 Jan, 2011 10:40 PM

Greg -- That's a great question. I suspect that this is handled correctly by the CIM. It's only relevant if you do a validation transaction on customer creation. It's against PCI DSS to store the CVV in any way, shape or form so it's only usable for a real-time transaction. Are you planning to use validation transactions? You might consider contacting Authnet directly for further confirmation.

2. 2 Posted by Gregory Zimerma... on 19 Jan, 2011 09:21 PM

After some research (and waiting for the invoices to process as a sanity check), it looks like all is well. I believe that the N flag for CVV on auth.net indicates that IF a CVV is submitted, it must match the card's value. However, if no CVV is submitted, the gateway is fine with that. To require a CVV check on a CC being used for a recurring charge, we've simply required the field on our own form to force that validation at customer creation time. Very happy with CG and the team so far. Thanks again, Marc!

-g

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 20 Jan, 2011 12:00 AM

That sounds good. FYI, you can always accelerate an invoice by changing the next bill date. You can do that in the GUI or via the API. If you change it to today, the current invoice is transacted immediately.

4. 4 Posted by Gregory Zimerma... on 20 Jan, 2011 12:51 AM

Oh, neat. That's a great trick to know. Thanks!

5. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 04:03 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM