Display Credit Card on Hosted Page

markin

21 Jan, 2013 03:33 PM

I'd like to be able to have the option to display the credit card form on a hosted page even if a credit card isn't required.
We were having discussions about how to handle credit cards if people want to sign up in our retail stores, and the compromise was that in store we wouldn't require credit cards but from the website we would.

Is there a way to pass an additional parameter to the checkout page to display the credit card form. I'm assuming most people will fill it out if they see it unless a customer service rep tells them its optional.

1. 1 Posted by Dean on 21 Jan, 2013 11:15 PM

Hi Matthew,

First of all, if they are signing up for a free plan, it's not possible to collect CC info. That said, it seems your account is already configured correctly to collect that info on the hosted pages. Can you elaborate on not requiring CC information in your store? Is it an online store? If you could please clarify, I'm a bit confused about what you want to do here.

Thanks!
    Dean

2. 2 Posted by markin on 22 Jan, 2013 12:05 AM

Hey Dean,
    So in the cheddar getter options, there is a setting to "require credit
    card on paid plans". If I uncheck that, the credit card form disappears
    from the hosted page, even though I have it checked to display the
    credit card page in the hosted pages setting.

Sent from my Windows Phone From: Dean
    Sent: 1/21/2013 5:15 PM
    To: [email blocked]
    Subject: Re: Display Credit Card on Hosted Page [Questions #5045]

3. 3 Posted by Dean on 22 Jan, 2013 10:23 PM

Sadly, when using the hosted pages, there is no option to display (and collect) CC information without requiring it. However, this is possible with the API. Also, I'm told it's not possible to collect these data on free plans (again using the hosted pages).

All the best,
    Dean

4. 4 Posted by markin on 23 Jan, 2013 09:40 PM

Alright, I wanted to avoid handling credit card info on any of my pages so that I don't have to worry about PCI stuff. It would be nice if when I passed in "?method=cc" it would display that section (whether or not form validation requires it).
    I could then create users without credit card info via an API request.

5. 5 Posted by Dean on 28 Jan, 2013 09:13 PM

Hi Matthew,

Unfortunately we don't have plans to make optional CC acceptance possible in the Hosted Pages. I can say, though, that this will be possible for you when we complete our upcoming transparent redirect feature. We will be sending out a newsletter as soon as that work is complete, so stay posted!

All the best,
    Dean

6. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 21 Nov, 2013 07:31 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM