What does voiding a transaction in the Cheddar Gateway do?

sunil

23 Dec, 2010 06:50 PM

We ran into the following problem.

1) We signed up a customer into our free demo plan.
2) She wanted to buy and we offered her our first paid plan for free through January.
3) In CheddarGetter, we clicked the little pencil next to the pricing plan in her account and entered all of the info including her selected paid plan, her credit card info and set the next bill date to Feb 1, 2011.
4) After submitting this, we noticed that CheddarGetter immediately billed which is not what we wanted.
5) I logged into Cheddar Gateway, found the transaction and saw that I could either void or refund it. I chose to void the transaction because it hadn't settled yet although I wasn't 100% sure if that was the correct choice.

I have two questions about this:

1) She will not be charged today because I voided the transaction, correct? I'm hoping the answer to this question is yes.
2) She will be charged on Feb 1, 2011 because that's when we we set the next bill date to, correct? I'm hoping the answer to this question is yes.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 23 Dec, 2010 09:10 PM

1) She will not be charged today because I voided the transaction, correct? I'm hoping the answer to this question is yes

Yes!

2) She will be charged on Feb 1, 2011 because that's when we we set the next bill date to, correct? I'm hoping the answer to this question is yes.

Yes!

2. sunil closed this discussion on 01 Aug, 2011 06:51 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM