generating fake (but validatable) cc charges for testing

Gregory Zimerman

16 Dec, 2010 09:21 PM

Does CheddarGetter offer a method of generating a charge using a test CC which acts as a real CC would (no real charge, but real validation against the CC issuer)? We are in the process of securing our servers for HTTPS and don't want to expose real CC info until that is ready.

I know that PayPal PayFlow offers something like that and it would be incredibly useful to our CheddarGetter integration, as we secure our servers and integrate in parallel. Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 16 Dec, 2010 10:58 PM

There are "fake" credit card numbers out there. Here's a pretty good list: http://www.crazysquirrel.com/finance/test-cc.jspx

Validation does not occur at the issuer, but you will receive a positive response. Just use an expiration date in the future and any CVV (if you use that).

You might also be interested in CheddarGetter's error simulation system. Checkout
    http://support.cheddargetter.com/kb/api-8/error-simulation. If you don't use error simulation, you will get an approved response with test credit cards.

2. 2 Posted by Gregory Zimerma... on 17 Dec, 2010 01:18 AM

Thank you Marc - this looks very helpful! I will check back with my devs to see if this is sufficient, but I believe that error simulation is a major part of what they were missing.

Cheers,
    Greg

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 17 Dec, 2010 03:01 PM

The error simulation is a big deal for devs -- that's why we wrote it. That level of simulation is just not possible with other services.

4. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 17 Dec, 2010 03:01 PM.

5. Marc Guyer re-opened this discussion on 17 Dec, 2010 03:02 PM

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Marc Guyer on 17 Dec, 2010 03:02 PM

Do you mind if we make this thread public? I don't see anything sensitive here...

7. 5 Posted by Greg Zimerman on 17 Dec, 2010 03:16 PM

Yes, feel free to do that. I can see how this might be useful to others.

8. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 17 Dec, 2010 03:17 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM