Subscription Quantity

bill

09 Dec, 2010 11:50 PM

Is it possible to set the quantity for a subscription?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 10 Dec, 2010 12:36 AM

Hmm... Not exactly sure what you mean here. Are you familiar with tracked items? Take a look here: http://support.cheddargetter.com/faqs/pricing-plans/pricing-plan-ba...

2. 2 Posted by bill on 10 Dec, 2010 12:41 AM

I'm aware that I can do this with tracked items...trying to do it on the
    main subscription as well.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 10 Dec, 2010 03:19 PM

I see... A customer can only be subscribed to one plan at a time. In other words, there is no quantity at the subscription level. Some merchants have "multi" subscription plans which track subscriptions at the tracked item level. I'd like to help further... Can you describe in more detail what you'd like to do?

4. 4 Posted by bill on 10 Dec, 2010 10:51 PM

Let's say I have a email subscription and I want to give users the option of editing the quantity. I also want them to be able to edit the amount of additional storage as a quantity add-on. Today your app allows me to do number 2 but not number 1.

One of your competitors allows this, but they do not allow me to specify ai different webhook destination for each subscription like you all do. I need both features.

Also to speed deployment time, are you all planning to offer hosted payment pages anytime soon?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Marc Guyer on 13 Dec, 2010 01:06 AM

Bill -- I'm still not fully understanding the quantity of email subscriptions.

Also to speed deployment time, are you all planning to offer hosted payment pages anytime soon?

We hope to have this done sometime in early '11.

6. 6 Posted by bill on 13 Dec, 2010 04:18 PM

Mark, I'm going to attach a print-out from one of your competitors. See how can you can the quantity of the SUBSCRIPTION (at the bottom) in addition to the ADD-ONS?

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Marc Guyer on 13 Dec, 2010 07:25 PM

Bill -- I must confess that I do not see quantity settings for anything aside from the "add-ons". What are you referring to as the "subscription"?

I see that you have "Basic Email Account" setup as an add-on. Is this what you'd like to set a quantity for? If so, yes, this can be setup as a tracked item. All tracked items can have quantity settings.

8. 8 Posted by bill on 13 Dec, 2010 07:42 PM

My fault. This print doesn't show it. U need to be able to change the quantity for the actual subscription itself, not just the add-ons.

I don't really know how to make it any clearer.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Marc Guyer on 13 Dec, 2010 07:58 PM

So, you want to put a quantity on the $10/mo charge? Something else?

10. 10 Posted by bill on 13 Dec, 2010 08:00 PM

Yes and also the addons.

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Marc Guyer on 13 Dec, 2010 08:07 PM

I see -- You can set the recurring amount to zero for the subscription and use a tracked item for the "subscription". On the tracked item, set the quantity included to zero, and the overage amount to 10. Set the quantity of the item when creating the customer.

If you would like to have distinctly different subscriptions, each must be a unique customer record.

12. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 03:41 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM