Subscription Renewal

dmcivor

20 Dec, 2012 08:29 PM

Hi Guys,

I am using the Hosted Payment Page and would like to know if there is a renewal link/email that is sent to customers when their subscription is about to expire. If say a customer's 4 month Subscription is about to expire and they would like to new, do they have to go through the entire process again or is there a link that we can send them?

Thanks in Advance,

Darryl

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 21 Dec, 2012 01:40 PM

Hi Darryl -- The only reason why CG would consider a subscription to be "expired" or will soon expire is if the payment method is expired or expiring. Unless the payment method is expired on the next bill date, that payment method will be charged again on that bill date. You might be interested in two specific email notification types: Bill Reminder and Payment Method Expiring. Also the Dunning Process documentation contains some good information about expired payment methods.

2. 2 Posted by dmcivor on 09 Jan, 2013 12:22 AM

Thanks for the reply Marc.

I just want to ensure that I have this right. Can I send our customers a link to their Customer Update Page where they can change there plan. That is, Customer A's 4 month subsection is expiring (paid for 4 months ago as a one-time payment) and they would like another 4 month subscription. Do they just have to choose the subscription they want and click Update Subscription? I tried this with one customer, they clicked Update Susbcription for 4 month plan, and they received a notification that their card was charged. I do not however see any revenue from this customer on our control panel. Does this mean the payment did not go through?

Thanks again Marc, really appreciate it.

3. 3 Posted by Dean on 15 Jan, 2013 08:23 PM

Hi Darryl,

Could you link the aforementioned customer? You can always check the customer's invoice history to see if anything was transacted.

Thanks,
    Dean

4. Dean closed this discussion on 31 Jan, 2013 10:22 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM