One-time bills and billing for services

bill

30 Nov, 2010 10:48 PM

I need the ability to be able to bill customers $X/hour for Y hours of work. This is for consulting and not necessarily recurring. I also need the ability to bill by quantity. For instance, if a customer wants 10 email account at $10/account he would then be billed for that total ($100 in this case) monthly. I'm not finding where/how to accomplish these.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 30 Nov, 2010 11:28 PM

Hi Bill!

Tracked Items will do that for you.

I need the ability to be able to bill customers $X/hour for Y hours of work. This is for consulting and not necessarily recurring.

Just setup a tracked item for hours of work with zero quantity included. Set the overage amount to whatever you charge per hour. Check the monthly box, this will instruct CG to set the customer's quantity of hours back to zero at the beginning of the next billing cycle to the charge doesn't recur. Then, add the number of hours as the quantity when editing the customer's invoice.

I also need the ability to bill by quantity. For instance, if a customer wants 10 email account at $10/account he would then be billed for that total ($100 in this case) monthly. I'm not finding where/how to accomplish these.

Setup another tracked item for email accounts. This time don't check the monthly box since you want the charge to recur.

2. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 03:02 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM