Non-recurring billing option on CheddarGetter (square peg, round hole?)

ryan

15 Nov, 2010 12:35 AM

My business requires that we have both recurring billing and one time billing (with no recurring billing afterward) options.

is there a best practice for this? Do I set something up with a 0 dollar recurring fee and a non-zero setup fee? If it has a 0 dollar recurring fee, does it still hit their credit card for 0 dollars every so often?

It also seems like I'd want to cancel the "account" immediately after I bill them the one time bill so as not to run against my customer limit for Cheddar Getter?

Any tips?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 15 Nov, 2010 05:21 PM

Can you describe in more detail what the "one time billing" is for?

2. 2 Posted by ryan on 15 Nov, 2010 05:48 PM

Certainly.

We basically have two paid options for our site. One is a small dollar amount for a small finite time on the site. This payment only happens once and the user gets access to our site for X-time. The other is a recurring plan where the user pays us Y-dollars/month and receives access to our site until they cancel.

Getting the recurring choice working was super easy and awesome; I'd just also like to handle the other billing type through you guys as well just to keep everything in one place.

Does this help?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 15 Nov, 2010 07:30 PM

Yes, I see.

You can do as you suggest. Use the setup fee and a zero dollar recurring fee. Yes, the customers on this plan are still active. You may "cancel" them at any time.

An interesting side-effect of this technique is that you can use the email notification generated each month for the zero dollar invoice. Instead of an invoice, use the opportunity to promote an up-sell to the recurring plan, or prompt the customer to cancel their account to avoid future mailings.

4. ryan closed this discussion on 19 Nov, 2010 09:20 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM