Free trial

Mike Vosters

07 Dec, 2012 04:35 PM

Guys - this is David, CEO of Mixify.

How do you add a free trial into the flow? Does this work for the hosted pages?

Also, when do you think promo codes will be included in the hosted page? I had always assumed this functionality was in there, but I guess it is not available yet.

Thanks,

David

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 07 Dec, 2012 11:53 PM

How do you add a free trial into the flow? Does this work for the hosted pages?

Free trials can be achieved in several different ways. It depends on what you want to do. First of all, do you want the trial to be possible without a payment method? Or, do you wish to qualify the trial recipient by requiring a valid payment method?

After we answer that question, you have two general options with pricing plans. You could have one (or more but probably one) "free trial" plan that allows a certain level of service for free and you manage then end of the trial. You can use CG's hooks in this case to trigger examination of a trial account and determine if you should communicate with them or disable their account or whatever.

The more popular option is to use you standard pricing plan(s) but set them to execute the initial invoice after some period of time (the trial period). CG facilitates communication with the Bill Reminder email and will automatically cancel a trial account that doesn't have a payment method or automatically charge them for their first bill at the end of the trial.

All of this is possible with the hosted pages. In some case, you might want to supplement the process with hooks as I mentioned.

Also, when do you think promo codes will be included in the hosted page? I had always assumed this functionality was in there, but I guess it is not available yet.

I suppose Adam and I got our wires crossed and it turns out that we don't have a definitive answer for you. Adding coupon support to the hosted pages isn't on our short list. There are many things ahead of it. Even when we get there, we'll probably have the transparent redirect functionality available. Have you considered adding the coupon to an account after signup via the API? That's a pretty straightforward operation. Since you're doing free trials (not charging on signup), this technique would fit right in.

2. Dean closed this discussion on 23 Jan, 2013 08:36 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM