PayPal Integration

Kai Pradel

29 Oct, 2010 06:11 PM

We are looking to transition our billing system to Cheddar Getter but are currently using PayPal (Payflowpro). I don't see that you have support for it so my question is - will there ever be support for Paypal? If so, we would probably be able to use reference transactions that wouldn't require us to ask our users to re-enter billing information.

Thanks,
Kai

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 31 Oct, 2010 11:53 PM

Correct, we don't support Payflow pro. Currently the only possibility in using CheddarGetter would be for you to transition your customers off of paypal and into a more traditional payment system. We're intentionally not supporting paypal for a number of reasons, not the least of which is a significant difference in cost.

2. 2 Posted by Kai Pradel on 01 Nov, 2010 12:15 AM

Marc,

Would like to understand your dislike for PayFlow. We pay $59 per month which includes 1000 transactions. Not sure how this is any more expensive than Authorize.net with it's $17.95 plus $25 in minimum transactions plus $.10 per transaction.

I would think that CHeddarGetter would want to be as agnostic to payment gateways as possible in order to make on-boarding for new clients easier.

Can you elaborate? If we decide to switch to Authorize.net I'd like to make sure I understand the benefits.

Thanks,
    Kai

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 02 Nov, 2010 07:35 PM

Hi Kai -- Your gateway pricing seems to be fairly low. I'm curious how you were able to get that pricing. I understand that standard pricing for payflow pro with a paypay credit services merchant account is $30/mo + $0.30/txn + 2.2-2.9%. The percentage depends on volume. So, when you're small, you pay 2.9%. That's approximately a full percentage point higher that our Equity Commerce merchant account, for example.

I would think that CHeddarGetter would want to be as agnostic to payment gateways as possible in order to make on-boarding for new clients easier.

This is typically our MO. However, our typical customer is a new merchant. We make every effort to advise new merchants on the most cost-effective option. Further, as we support additional gateways, our suppor burden grows which translates to higher fees to our customers. We're doing everything we can to try to limit that effect.

Can you elaborate? If we decide to switch to Authorize.net I'd like to make sure I understand the benefits.

We are intentionally not supporting Website Payments Pro due to their pricing and agreement terms. Payflow Pro, however is a different story. We may support it in the future (no promises, unfortunately). You could switch to Authorize.Net but we recommend our own CheddarGateway. Pricing is $20/mo + $15/txn. This pricing includes the customer data vault service (an extra $20/mo at authnet). We would likely be able to plug your current merchant account into the CGateway. If not, we can help you get that Equity Commerce account I mentioned. Another benefit of CGateway is that we support it. That translates to a lower cost of ownership for both of us. If you use a different gateway and have a problem with a payment, you have to decide whether you need to contact CheddarGetter or your gateway provider, whoever that might be.

4. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 02:59 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM