Authorize.net error processing a transaction - will it retry?

brian

27 Oct, 2010 01:34 PM

Hi, I just got an email that our CG account got an error (401) from Authorize.net trying to charge an existing subscriber. I logged in to auth.net and generated a new transaction key. I then went in to CG and entered the new transaction key. Will CG auto-retry the failed charge? If so, when should I expect to see that happen? And I guess if it doesn't, I should manually charge the amount? Thanks for any help.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 27 Oct, 2010 02:57 PM

Hi Brian -- Without knowing the specifics on this particular issue (product and customer code for starters), it's difficult to help. We also don't have access to your authnet account.

First, It should never be necessary to change the transaction key.

Second, generally when there is an "error" attempting to process a transaction, the transaction will be reattempted until the result is not a "error". In the case of a declined payment, the transaction will be reattempted a few times. CG will give up and auto-cancel the customer's account for non-payment after too many attempts. The is the behavior for a standard invoice transaction. In the case when the customer attempts to update their credit card or a plan change results in an error or decline, the entire action is rejected. Without more information, we cannot provide specifics on this.

2. brian closed this discussion on 27 Oct, 2010 03:11 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM