CheddarGateway and Payvision International Merchant Account pricing.

James Harton

18 Oct, 2010 08:12 PM

Hi CheddarGetters.

Can you please elaborate on pricing for both CheddarGateway and merchant account fees for international (in my case New Zealand) customers? Also, is it possible to charge in USD and settle in NZD?

Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 19 Oct, 2010 02:07 PM

Hi James -- Payvision hasn't been able to come through for us in New Zealand. We're working on finding an acquirer who can support our friends in your neighborhood. I actually have a call with someone from EPX this afternoon. Something might come out of that but in the meantime, you might look into these providers who are compatible with the CheddarGateway:

• Ecorepay
    • EPX
    • Hypercharge
    • VoicePay
    • Wirecard

To be clear, what you want to look for is a merchant account that we can plug into CheddarGateway. All of the providers listed have their own gateway platform but only CheddarGateway is compatible with CheddarGetter. The platforms used by the above providers are confirmed compatible with the CheddarGateway.

Let us know what your search turns up!

2. 2 Posted by James Harton on 19 Oct, 2010 09:28 PM

Thanks Marc.

Ecorepay certainly have the most information on their site, most of them seem a little shady about what they charge and to whom. I've contacted a few of them and will let you know my progress.

Thanks.

James.

3. 3 Posted by James Harton on 21 Oct, 2010 12:03 AM

I've had an interesting conversation with Daria from Ecorepay. She says they first heard of you guys yesterday, but in theory can provide a merchant account for use with CG provided you guys do the gateway integration. She said she'd get back to me when she knows more.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Marc Guyer on 02 Nov, 2010 02:19 PM

Hi James -- It turns out that Ecorepay primarily works with "high risk" merchants. I don't think you fit that description. We're looking at supporting DPS/PaymentExpress as another gateway option (bypassing CheddarGateway). This is likely the best option for you. They can help you find a NZ bank that participates on the DPS network. This appears to be the best option for any NZ merchant.

5. 5 Posted by James Harton on 04 Nov, 2010 12:31 AM

Thanks Marc. I'm talking to DPS about getting set up now. Keep me informed of your progress. I really appreciate the help.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Marc Guyer on 11 Nov, 2010 05:38 PM

Hi James -- We're in the midst of integration now. What is your status on getting setup with DPS/PaymentExpress? Our direct contact over there is richard.harding paymentexpress com. Let us know if we can help!

7. 7 Posted by James Harton on 11 Nov, 2010 10:29 PM

Thanks Marc. Yes, I have talked to DPS and it seems to be reasonably straight forward to get an account with them. I'm still trying to research merchant accounts however.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Marc Guyer on 12 Nov, 2010 02:17 PM

Is DPS helping you with the merchant account? I'd suggest contacting Richard directly if you haven't already. Would you like me to put him in touch with you?

9. 9 Posted by James Harton on 18 Nov, 2010 08:00 PM

Hi Marc.

I'm sorting out the merchant account this morning. I have a question about the PCI self assessment questionnaire, specifically question 12.8:

12.8 If cardholder data is shared with service providers, are policies and procedures maintained and implemented to manage service providers, and do the policies and procedures include the following?

12.8.2 A written agreement that includes an acknowledgement that the service providers are responsible for the security of cardholder data the service providers possess.

12.8.4 A program is maintained to monitor service providers’ PCI DSS compliance status.

I presume you've run into this before - as far as I can tell your terms of service do not establish 12.8.2. Is there a way I can verify your PCI status on a regular basis?

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Marc Guyer on 19 Nov, 2010 02:37 PM

The relevant service provider in 12.8.2 is the gateway. The gateway is the mechanism for cardholder data storage.

11. 11 Posted by James Harton on 21 Nov, 2010 09:08 PM

Great, thanks.

12. 12 Posted by gjpeacock on 07 Dec, 2010 09:53 PM

Hi Marc,

You mention in a post earlier in this topic that your cheddar gateway integrates with VoicePay. Can you confirm that this is the service owned/in the same group as Cash Flows? The only VoicePay i could find online (voice-pay.com) is a UK based merchant account company. This would be ideal for me, so i'm hope this is the company that you're compatable with.

Thanks,
    Gavin

13. Support Staff 13 Posted by Marc Guyer on 07 Dec, 2010 10:20 PM

Gavin -- They are the same. They are compatible.

14. 14 Posted by gjpeacock on 07 Dec, 2010 10:30 PM

Great. Thanks for the fast response!

15. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 13 Mar, 2012 01:44 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM