Is this registration flow possible?

billyjones26

26 Nov, 2012 03:42 PM

A couple of queries..

1) I want to be able to register the customer for a paid plan that has a 30 day trial, but I don't want the user to have to set up Paypal until their trial has ended. Is it possible to check chedder for how many days they have left of their trial, if their trial has ended but they haven't set up a payment method yet then force them to do that?

2) I understand a hosted set up will redirect the customer to paypal to confirm. How will this work using the API? I see there is a "Create a Customer with PayPal Standard" method but does the customer not need to confirm by logging into paypal?

Can anyone let me know what their preferred method for registering customers is whilst providing a trial?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 26 Nov, 2012 10:16 PM

1) I want to be able to register the customer for a paid plan that has a 30 day trial, but I don't want the user to have to set up Paypal until their trial has ended. Is it possible to check chedder for how many days they have left of their trial, if their trial has ended but they haven't set up a payment method yet then force them to do that?

No problem. I suggest that you use the API for this. It's as simple as calling one API method with your customer's unique id, name, email, and the plan code. Set the plan to bill 30 days after signup and set your account to not require payment on signup.

You can also use the API to determine when that trial period ends.

2. Dean closed this discussion on 23 Jan, 2013 05:37 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM