How to use CG to give a "free" month and make sure I'm not giving them real money?

Steve Sanderson

05 Oct, 2010 09:57 PM

Hi,

I have a happy customer, they've been paying for a few months & I want to give them a free month of our service (because of their help). Currently, they are on our monthly plan that charges them $9.95 a month. Can you tell me how I use CG to give them a "free" month and make sure I'm not giving them real money?

I see the "Add Credit or Charge" button on the user's page in CG, but when it pops up with the fields "Code", "Quantity", "Each Amount" and "Description" - I want to make sure I'm entering the right info - but I can't find any docs on the fields.

thanks,
Steve

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 06 Oct, 2010 05:31 PM

Hi Steve -- You've got it correct. You can add a credit to offset the cost of the month. For the Code enter anything you want. I would suggest using the same code as the charge that you wish to offset. For Quantity, probably "1" in this case. For Each Amount, the amount of the credit preceded by a negative sign (e.g., -50.00). Description is not required but is displayed on the invoice so it's nice to have.

2. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 06 Oct, 2010 05:31 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM