Creating and/or syncing price plans

jeremy

27 Sep, 2010 05:27 PM

I noticed that there is a newPlan() in the PHP CheddarGetter API library, but that it is disabled and seemingly unsupported according to the API docs. Let me voice my opinion that I think this function should be made available. I ended up needing it the other day, and was disappointed when I realized I couldn't do it. Let explain why I needed it, and perhaps you can explain another way to do this:

In the development of a application we are working on, we have a Development server, Staging/Demo server, and the Production server. We have different databases for each of these, and so naturally we have different Cheddar accounts/products for each as well. However, there does not seem to be an easy way to sync the price plans between these separate products/accounts. Is there a way to do this? Or is there a way to import/export the price plans? What do you recommend? The newPlan()/editPlan() API functions would allow me to script this behavior myself, but as it is currently unsupported, I know of no way to copy the plans from one product to another.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 27 Sep, 2010 11:53 PM

Hi Jeremy -- I completely understand where you'r coming from. It's not supported because creating a plan is a bit complex. We would like for this to be an available feature but unfortunately is not something we have planned. You could reverse engineer the form and do a raw post but I can't guarantee that the form will stay the same. We recommend that you maintain a separate CG account for each environment.

2. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 27 Sep, 2010 11:53 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM