activating a CANCELED subscription through the CG API

Geoff Treitel

26 Aug, 2010 06:48 PM

Marc,

On my test account:

1. I canceled the subscription for "Test_Customer_Clarice" with your CG GUI .
  2. I then went back to my application and logged in as "Test_Customer_Clarice"
  3. My application replied to "Test_Customer_Clarice", please upgrade your subscription.
  4. "Test_Customer_Clarice" updated her credit card information through my application to CG through the CG API.
  5. Unfortunately "Test_Customer_Clarice" subscription stayed canceled until I went into the CG GUI and updated the credit card info with the CG GUI.

Your docs say...

https://cheddargetter.com/developers#cancel-subscription

"The customer's current subscription will be canceled at the moment this call is made. If you would like to reactivate a customer's subscription, you may do so by updating the subscription with full credit card data. "

I believe my developer passed full credit card data through the API back to CG.

1. When activating a CANCELED subscription through the CG API, are there certain additional actions to take?

2. What do you define as full credit card data?

3. Do we need to reset cancel date through the CG API as well to re-activate from my application?

thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 27 Aug, 2010 01:02 PM

There is virtually no difference between GUI and API functionality so, if something works one way in the GUI and another way in the API it is likely due to a difference in data being sent to the API.

When activating a CANCELED subscription through the CG API, are there certain additional actions to take?

No, just full credit card data.

What do you define as full credit card data?

Full credit card data is defined as all subscription fields required by your account. By default, only name, card number and expiration are required. You, however may also require zip, CVV, address, etc.

Do we need to reset cancel date through the CG API as well to re-activate from my application?

No, updating the customer's subscription with a valid credit card will re-activate the subscription.

2. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 27 Aug, 2010 01:02 PM.

3. Geoff Treitel re-opened this discussion on 27 Aug, 2010 04:30 PM

4. 2 Posted by Geoff Treitel on 27 Aug, 2010 04:30 PM

Marc, thanks for the answers. Have a good week end.

5. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 28 Aug, 2010 09:02 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM