New subscriptions - billingFrequencyQuantity

bill

11 Nov, 2012 12:06 PM

Hi,

Is the field 'billingFrequencyQuantity' available when creating a new customer (subscription)? I'm also assuming that this field dictates the length of the subscription?

thanks,
Bill

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 11 Nov, 2012 02:06 PM

Hi Bill -- I guess I don't understand your question. billingFrequencyQuantity works with billingFrequencyUnit to determine how often the recurring bills execute on a particular plan. So, if the quantity is '3' and the unit is 'months' then the plan bills quarterly.

Subscriptions in CheddarGetter have no "length" or "term". In other words, they are evergreen. Do you require a finite subscription length?

2. 2 Posted by bill on 11 Nov, 2012 10:32 PM

Hi Marc,

That's exactly what I'm after. Is it possible?

We'd like to be able to specify the end of the subscription.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 11 Nov, 2012 10:39 PM

What would you like to happen at the "end"? Why is there an end?

4. 4 Posted by bill on 11 Nov, 2012 10:50 PM

Not sure :) We are just wondering about the users being able to choose their length of subscription.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Marc Guyer on 11 Nov, 2012 11:14 PM

You're saying you want your customers to be able to choose when to stop paying you? Is this something your customers have expressed a desire to do? Or is it something unique to your business?

Maybe we're not on the same page. A pricing plan billing frequency is how often a customer is billed (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually, etc). So, you can setup pricing plans for each frequency and your customers can choose between them.

CheddarGetter will not stop a subscription unless the subscription is explicitly canceled or is auto-canceled due to some adverse condition (non-payment, expired payment method).

If you've got some use-case that requires defining a finite subscription term, I'd like to here it.

6. 6 Posted by bill on 11 Nov, 2012 11:16 PM

Totally agree.

Thanks Marc, I've been having the same discussion internally ;)

7. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 11 Nov, 2012 11:37 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM