"New Customers" Overview Chart

Dan Kamins

11 Aug, 2010 06:29 PM

The numbers we are seeing on the "New Customers" Overview Chart (shown at https://cheddargetter.com/admin/product) don't match the data we have in our system. Your numbers appear too high in general, and we see spikes where we have none in our own data.

Please explain what you're actually measuring with this chart. Thank you.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 12 Aug, 2010 07:33 PM

This is one of those annoying little things that we've been meaning to fix. We just did.

2. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 12 Aug, 2010 07:33 PM.

3. Dan Kamins re-opened this discussion on 12 Aug, 2010 09:06 PM

4. 2 Posted by Dan Kamins on 12 Aug, 2010 09:06 PM

Thanks for the quick fix. It looks more like what we'd expect based on our own data.

We're now trying to correlate your charts with our own data more closely. In your charts, is a "day" based on UTC, the logged in user's Time Zone, or some other TZ? (I changed my logged in user's TZ but the chart didn't change, so I'm not sure).

Also so we may avoid making potentially bad business decisions based on erroneous data, would you please verify that all the other data on that page is 100% accurate? And if not then please do remove it until corrected (and this as a general rule for any reports with known issues).

Thank you!

5. 3 Posted by Daniel Richter on 12 Aug, 2010 09:21 PM

Hey CG team,

just to chime in.. it would be nice to set a custom timeframe for the analytics, for example, we're mostly interested in a "per month" snapshot, telling us how many new customers / cash invoiced we have in the current month. Currently is seem that the timeframe is ongoing.

Just a thought.
    Daniel

6. 4 Posted by chris on 12 Aug, 2010 10:07 PM

Agree - all our reports are monthly.

Also, I'd rather have no data than wrong data. Can you guys please remove anything else that's wrong in your UI? I'm sure glad I wasn't relying on that data to make any business decisions, which is what it's ostensibly there for...

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Marc Guyer on 13 Aug, 2010 02:24 PM

Daniel -- We do intend to expand the reporting options, however currently the snapshot charts on the overview page are locked into a trailing 3 month range.

8. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 13 Aug, 2010 02:24 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM