Hosted page hybrid / transparent redirect

Ben Timby

24 Oct, 2012 08:52 PM

I am looking for a solution that allows me to render an HTML form that submits to cheddargetter. After processing Cheddargetter would then redirect the user to a URL on my site. The return URL could then use the API to determine the status of the submitted data.

This gets me out of the loop as far as handling the payment data is concerned, but allows me to fully customize the form.

Braintree calls this a transparent redirect.

https://www.braintreepayments.com/docs/ruby/transactions/create_tr

Does Cheddargetter allow this?

Without trying it, one way this might work is to set up the hosted form, but never render it. Just create a clone of this form on my site, post to the hosted form and handle the redirect. Would this work?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 24 Oct, 2012 09:20 PM

Hi Ben -- Transparent redirect is on our todo list. It shouldn't be long.

2. 2 Posted by Ben Timby on 24 Oct, 2012 09:28 PM

Using a hosted page as a form action would not work as a poor man's tr?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 24 Oct, 2012 10:58 PM

Hi Ben -- It works but it's clunky. The main thing is error handling. If the POST results in a successful operation, you're all set. If not, the failure results in the customer seeing the hosted page with the error handling.

4. 4 Posted by Ben Timby on 25 Oct, 2012 03:35 PM

Ah, very true, error handling is important. What does "shouldn't be long" mean?

5. 5 Posted by Dean on 29 Oct, 2012 10:58 PM

Hi Ben,

It's hard to say how soon, but I can tell you we are getting there as quickly as possible.

Cheers,
    Dean

6. 6 Posted by bill on 19 Dec, 2012 03:26 AM

Hi Dean/Marc,

Was just wondering if there are any updates on the transparent redirect feature? We are nearing completion of our integration with you and just want to see how close this is on the horizon.

7. 7 Posted by Dean on 07 Jan, 2013 08:52 PM

Thanks for checking in. We've just discussed our plans for the new year and transparent redirect is on the list. That being said, we haven't finalized prioritizing just yet so hang in there until we have a better idea when this will be completed. Please be patient with us as we try to get these new features ironed out for you all this year!

Cheers,
    Dean

8. Dean closed this discussion on 31 Jan, 2013 09:47 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM