Is CheddarGetter suitable for me as a deposit-taking tool?

Jonathan Lister

28 Jul, 2010 03:52 PM

Hi,

I'm looking for a system to use as a deposit-taking system for my clients. I have these needs:

• I need to know when a client has paid a deposit to give them access to another system
  • Some clients come in groups - I need to wait until they have all paid their deposits until granting them all access to another system
  • If a certain time passes before all clients in a group have paid a deposit, I need to void their transaction and refund the deposits

Thanks,

J.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 28 Jul, 2010 05:30 PM

Hi Jonathan!

I need to know when a client has paid a deposit to give them access to another system

You could use the custom charge feature to charge the deposit and either use the issuance of that charge to determine if the customer had paid the deposit or use a tracked item for that purpose.

Some clients come in groups - I need to wait until they have all paid their deposits until granting them all access to another system

You could use the same mechanism as above to determine if the group members have paid the deposit. You could use another tracked item to determine if an individual has access to the other system.

If a certain time passes before all clients in a group have paid a deposit, I need to void their transaction and refund the deposits

CG doesn't yet support automated refunds. You could, however, automate this using the gateway API directly. Alternatively, assuming that this will be required infrequently, manually refund transactions in the gateway interface. In time, this feature will be available via the CG API, possibly even before you're ready to implement it.

2. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 28 Jul, 2010 05:30 PM.

3. Jonathan Lister re-opened this discussion on 28 Jul, 2010 06:13 PM

4. 2 Posted by Jonathan Lister on 28 Jul, 2010 06:13 PM

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the quick response!

What's a tracked item and how does it help me?

J.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 28 Jul, 2010 10:40 PM

There's a bunch of information about tracked items here:

http://support.cheddargetter.com/faqs/getting-started-19/quick-star...

http://support.cheddargetter.com/faqs/pricing-plans/pricing-plans

It's a fairly abstract and quite flexible feature so it's best to get a feel for it through those docs. We're happy to elaborate if you have any specific questions on the subject.

6. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 28 Jul, 2010 10:40 PM.

7. Jonathan Lister re-opened this discussion on 30 Jul, 2010 10:59 AM

8. 4 Posted by Jonathan Lister on 30 Jul, 2010 10:59 AM

Thanks Marc, that's helpful information.

9. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 30 Jul, 2010 01:44 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM