Does your system support customers who pay by check?

jeff

17 Jul, 2010 06:53 PM

We have some customers who pay for some or all charges via check. For instance monthly recurring will be paid by check and usage charges via ACH.

Does your system support this concept?

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 18 Jul, 2010 09:37 PM

Hi! We have several customers utilizing "free" pricing plans to track customers paying by check (or any other manual payment process). You can use the email notification system to send invoices, for example or use the transaction post hook system to notify your application that it's time to invoice a customer for payment by check (or for whatever reason).

Does that answer your question?

2. 2 Posted by jeff on 20 Jul, 2010 05:18 AM

What if I want some charges to be by credit card (such as usage charges) but others to be manual payments?

Also if I used your system to send out the invoices wouldn't they show as invoices with a $0 dollar amount if I were to use the "free" pricing plan idea?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 20 Jul, 2010 02:53 PM

What if I want some charges to be by credit card (such as usage charges) but others to be manual payments?

This is a feature we'd like to implement. As is, you would need to manage usage charge amounts using another process.

Also if I used your system to send out the invoices wouldn't they show as invoices with a $0 dollar amount if I were to use the "free" pricing plan idea?

You may customize your invoice email templates as you wish. For example, you could display completely different information for one pricing plan over another. You could also use the transaction post hook to notify your app to send an email to customers paying by check. In this case, you are in complete control of the email.

4. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 20 Jul, 2010 02:53 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM