Bambora requirements

Jaime Wong

12 Jul, 2019 08:50 PM

Just got this email... do you or I need to do anything?

=====

bambora_logo.png
Hello,

The Payment Card Networks have introduced new industry-wide requirements for the storage and repeat use of cardholder payment information.

Am I impacted?
Yes, we have identified that your account contains stored credit card information.

What is Credential-on-File?
A Credential-on-File transaction occurs when a cardholder authorizes a business to store their payment details for future use.

Examples include:

A stored card to simplify checkout for repeat customers.
A stored card to charge on a recurring basis for a subscription.
What am I required to do?

Make sure that you communicate to cardholders about how you are storing their payment information. Visit our Help Docs for more details.
And, if you are using our Payment API, ensure transactions contain the necessary payment details when storing or using Credential-on-File (payment information). This may require you to update your integration to comply with the new policy. Visit our Developer Docs for more details.
When do the requirements come into effect?
This comes into effect on September 1, 2019.

If you have any questions, please submit a request.

Your partner in payments,
Bambora

1-833-BAMBORA (226-2672)
Submit a request.

14454528-0-Powered-by-badge125x.png

Copyright © Bambora. All rights reserved.
200-1803 Douglas Street Victoria, BC V8T 5C3

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 13 Jul, 2019 05:17 PM

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for passing this notification along to us! Most payment gateways are in the process of updating their APIs to require card on file indicators, so we've been working on updating our gateway integrations accordingly.

We haven't updated our Bambora integration yet, but we'll take a look at their docs and get started on this shortly. These updates typically don't require our merchants to make any changes to their Cheddar integration, but we'll let you know if that isn't the case for some reason after we review Bambora's docs. I'll keep you updated on our progress!

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Jaime Wong on 13 Jul, 2019 07:28 PM

Thank you.

3. 3 Posted by Jaime Wong on 05 Aug, 2019 02:04 PM

Meghan,

Just checking-in that everything will be good by the deadline.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Meghan Turner on 05 Aug, 2019 03:21 PM

Hi Jaime,

Yes, it's on the product roadmap for this month! I don't have a specific release date yet, but we've already reviewed Bambora's docs on the subject and don't expect that this project will take much time to complete. We should be able to get started in the next two weeks. I'll keep you updated!

Meghan

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Meghan Turner on 31 Aug, 2019 05:34 PM

Hi Jaime,

Just wanted to confirm that the update to add the card on file variables to our Bambora integration has been completed. That should take care of everything needed for this ticket, so I'll go ahead and close it, but feel free to re-open it by commenting if you have any other questions!

Meghan

6. Meghan Turner closed this discussion on 31 Aug, 2019 05:34 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac