Setting special promotions via cheddar

Ran Cohen

23 Jul, 2018 07:07 PM

Hi there,

I have 2 questions as we trying to provide our customers with few promotion options related to various changes,

1. is there a way for us to update a promotion code discount for a user, i.e. initial provide him a 20% discount on an upcoming invoice and then change it to 40 %?

2. Can we somehow provide a promotion that would lead to an N month free for example, for every user upgrading this month will get the fourth month free?

Regards,

Ran

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 23 Jul, 2018 08:07 PM

Hi Ran,

is there a way for us to update a promotion code discount for a user, i.e. initial provide him a 20% discount on an upcoming invoice and then change it to 40 %?

Sure, you can change the promotion that's been applied to the customer's account in your Cheddar dashboard by visiting the customer profile>edit subscription. Enter the new promo code and hit save to apply it to the customer's pending invoice.

You can also do this via the API. Just send Cheddar a /customers/edit-subscription/ call with the new promo code.

Can we somehow provide a promotion that would lead to an N month free for example, for every user upgrading this month will get the fourth month free?

A custom credit is probably the way to accomplish this. Providing a promotion based on variable usage is relatively complex logic that tends to be use-case specific, so it isn't built into our existing promotions feature. However, you can build some custom logic into your application to handle applying a custom credit when a customer has a certain number of users.

If you'd like to automate this process, I'd suggest tracking how many users your customer has with a tracked item and enabling the subscription billable hook.

The subscription billable hook fires when an invoice becomes due, but before the customer is actually charged. The data contained in this hook includes the customer's pricing plan and the tracked item usage. When your listener receives the hook, it can evaluate the quantity of the users item a customer has accumulated and decide if a custom credit should be applied. If a custom credit should be applied, add the credit via the API (directions here. After the hooks been processed, Cheddar will automatically run the invoice within a few hours.

If you'd rather review the invoice and apply the credit manually, you can do that in the Cheddar dashboard by visiting the pending invoice in the customer's profile.

Hope that's helpful, Ran, but let me know if I can answer any follow-up questions!

Meghan

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM