Hosted Page

Richard Haynes

10 Apr, 2018 03:04 PM

Hi,

Our use case is:
- We're about to go live with our product hitting Cheddar Getter via the API

• Everything we've built involves the users interacting with our App, and the app interacting with Cheddar via the API and/or Cheddar interacting with the App via webhooks

• The one exception is we don't want the hassle of becoming PCI compliant so are using your hosted page to collect card details

• We have an issue with this as the workflow is:

Choose plan > Nominate some items > direct to hosted page to collect card details > direct back to the app and continue onboarding / plan change

So the issue is, we can't use the hosted page for the above workflow unless we turn off the bit that tells the customer how much they'll be charged as this figure doesn't account for tracked items.

I am wondering if there's a way of turning off this box on the hosted page. See screenshot. We are able to inform the customer how much they'll be charged in the app, we just want to remove the confusion on the hosted page when we're collecting their card details.

Thanks in advance

Rich

1. 1 Posted by Marcela Poffald on 10 Apr, 2018 03:26 PM

Hey Richard,

We're looking into this right now, get back to you shortly!

Marcela

2. 2 Posted by Marcela Poffald on 12 Apr, 2018 06:36 PM

Hi Richard,

Sorry it's taken us a little while to get back to you! We're actually having a little trouble getting that box to show up in our test product, but our general recommendation would be to hide the box using custom CSS, with either the display or visibility property.

3. 3 Posted by Marcela Poffald on 12 Apr, 2018 06:37 PM

Oops, I sent that a little early! I was going to say that if you're still having trouble or can't get the CSS to work, we can look into it further. If you need us to do that, could you send us the URL for the page referenced in that screenshot?

Thanks!
    Marcela

4. 4 Posted by Richard Haynes on 13 Apr, 2018 02:36 AM

Ok, that makes sense.

This is what it looks like without tweaking:
    https://dev-etoollcd-pay.chargevault.com/create?planCode=ENTERPRISE...

This is where we got to with the custom css:
    https://t1-etoollcd-pay.chargevault.com/create?planCode=ENTERPRISE&...

We're still mucking around with it Image attached (original on left, custom css on right) as we're still mucking around with it and what displays in the link will probably change.

A little clunky with that empty content box but such is life.

Thanks,

Rich

5. 5 Posted by Marcela Poffald on 13 Apr, 2018 05:58 PM

Hi Rich,

It looks like the changes you made with the custom CSS seem to hide the box. Does this solution work for your needs? Let me know if I can be of more help!

Marcela

6. Marcela Poffald closed this discussion on 25 Apr, 2018 02:18 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM