Google Tag Manager/ analytics integration

Greg Getner

02 Mar, 2018 07:12 PM

How can I pull the data from Cheddar into my Google Analytics account?

Would it be possible to put google tag manager code on Cheddar and implement cross domain tracking with cheddar to generate pageviews or events with a persistent cookie session?

Greg

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 05 Mar, 2018 11:04 PM

Hey Greg,

Would it be possible to put google tag manager code on Cheddar and implement cross domain tracking with cheddar to generate pageviews or events with a persistent cookie session?

I assume we're talking about tracking page views or events on your hosted payment page here, but correct me if I'm wrong!

You can't place the tag manager code snippet on the hosted page directly. If you're using analytics to track events in the sign-up process, you might create a special page on your website where customers are re-directed after completing sign-up, update, and/or cancellation on the hosted page to track these events or page views.

The other option is to create your own payment pages and send data to Cheddar via the API rather than through the hosted page. The hosted pages do have limited functionality and are really meant for companies that are doing very basic billing or are early-stage startups, neither of which are really applicable to Goodbeing. If you have your own payment page, adding the analytics/tag manager would be simple. Additionally, you could pass Cheddar marketing metrics to track which online advertising source generate the valuable customers (see more info on that here.

Let me know if I can answer any follow-up questions for you, Greg!

Meghan

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac