How should I charge the user when cancelling their subscription?

jnemeth

13 Jul, 2010 05:55 PM

I read some other posts about this, but it still didn't fully make sense for situation.

When I add a new user using the API, there is no setup fee and I simply charge a small fee for each dollar they transact in my product. For example, say they make a $100 sale, I would send that to CG and take a small percentage. I have it setup to charge the customer every month for this small percentage.

Now if they cancel via my site (I cancel using the API behind the scenes), what is the best way to charge them for the outstanding balance that has been accumulated over the month?

I read you could do a one time charge for the outstanding amount, then proceed with the cancellation. If that is the best way, how can I retrieve the outstanding amount from the API? Or is that something I need to keep track of on my end?

Also, I assume its better to cancel their subscription rather than delete the user all together?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 14 Jul, 2010 12:22 PM

We're actually currently working on a way to solve for this scenario. You would use the API to transact the pending invoice immediately and upon a successful transaction, you would then cancel the subscription.

2. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 14 Jul, 2010 12:22 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM