Test Charge

Lindsay Sanders

23 Aug, 2017 04:02 PM

Hello!

We have a customer in Portugal that just updated their credit card on file with us and we're charged a small fee, that we're assuming is a "test charge" for the card. This customer's account is credited for an annual payment so they should not be charged anything. We're guessing that this charge will be reversed in the next couple of days. Can you please confirm?

Also, we're wondering if there are certain situations when a test charge is run? Haven't had a customer reach out for this before so we're curious.

Thanks!
Lindsay

This discussion was closed! See this FAQ for more information:

1. Quick Start Guide

See more..
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 23 Aug, 2017 05:58 PM

Hi Lindsay,

Given the situation you're describing, if the charge was for about $1.00, I think this was most likely a credit card authorization. You can see in your gateway settings (here https://www.getcheddar.com/admin/setup/thank-you) that you have card validation enabled for card changes and that the validation amount is set to $1.01. The authorization charge should drop off the customer's card in a few days.

When possible, Cheddar tries to run $0.00 card authorization for you, but in this case the $0.00 validate must not have been supported by your processor or the customer's credit card issuer.

Hope that helps, but let me know if I can answer any other questions Lindsay!

Meghan

2. Lindsay Sanders closed this discussion on 23 Aug, 2017 07:56 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM