Updating credit card info

chris

12 Jul, 2010 04:40 PM

I have a couple questions related to having customers update their credit card info. We haven't implemented it yet, so we currently have people going to our plans page and signing up for a new plan and re-entering their info, which is effectively like a plan change. This is pretty klunky and tough to explain.

My question is this:
- Is the plan change the best way to have a customer update their credit card info? Seems like that's how it's implemented in the CG interface... - If so, when the new card info is entered, is the old card charged the pro-rated amount or is the new card charged the pro-rated amount. I would hope the new card since most of these card changes are related to wanting to put the charges on a different card, or the original card failing to process the payment.

Thanks!

Chris

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 12 Jul, 2010 04:59 PM

Is the plan change the best way to have a customer update their credit card info? Seems like that's how it's implemented in the CG interface...

You can update credit card info without a plan change and vice versa.

If so, when the new card info is entered, is the old card charged the pro-rated amount or is the new card charged the pro-rated amount.

The new card.

2. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 12 Jul, 2010 04:59 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM