Change the TO field in customer communications

Joel Selanikio

08 Nov, 2016 01:09 PM

Our signup process does not require customers to provide their first or last name. Thus, currently customer communications go out to "Your_First_Name Your_Last_Name" as the addressee, using the customer's email address (which is of course required). How can we change "Your_First_Name Your_Last_Name" to something else (like "New Customer")?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 08 Nov, 2016 05:57 PM

Hi Joel,

Currently, the email templates don't allow you to change that information, but we could do a custom development project for you to add a configuration option for the 'to' name to the templates. A rough estimate would be about 10 hours of billed time to complete the project. If you'd be interested in that, let me know and I can get you quote.

Alternately, you could change the information for first name and last name you're passing into CheddarGetter on customer records that don't require a name on sign-up. For example, instead of using your_first_name and your_last_name as the default, you could change them the first name field to new and last name field to customer.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions!

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Joel Selanikio on 08 Nov, 2016 05:59 PM

Thanks, Meghan!

j

3. Meghan Turner closed this discussion on 15 Nov, 2016 06:31 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM