Getting set-up - integrated checkout page

Hemal Ruparelia

04 Jul, 2016 08:57 AM

Hi:

A couple of questions. In sequence - I'll start with the first step

We've created the plans and are in the process of creating the payment form integrated into our web-app. In the past we have simply used Stripe's checkout modal that they provide. Is there anything similar from CheddarGetter that we can simply plug-in or do we have to create it ourselves and make the API calls from there?

I guess what we're after is a way to get your hosted payment page, but have it hosted on our end.

(Apologies in advance if the question is not clear).

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 05 Jul, 2016 08:47 PM

Hi Hemal,

We're looking into it. I'll get back to you shortly!

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Hemal Ruparelia on 06 Jul, 2016 01:07 PM

Thanks

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 06 Jul, 2016 07:10 PM

Hi Hemal,

We recommend that you create your own form for the payment page. Hosted pages are by their nature hosted by CG and are designed for simple set-ups. For advanced features and the optimal customer experience, it's best to use the API directly. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Meghan

4. 4 Posted by Hemal Ruparelia on 07 Jul, 2016 01:18 AM

Thanks Meghan,

I was just thinking about the security component of things - i.e. - trying to avoid having to handle credit card information at all, deal with PCI compliance etc. Do you have any recommendations/best practices based on what other clients have done?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Meghan Turner on 11 Jul, 2016 03:51 PM

Hi Hemal,

Some of our customers have used iframes with hosted payment pages, but no matter which payment page solution you decide to go with you're going to need to make sure you're PCI compliant. PCI compliance applies to anyone who collects personally identifiable information from card holders which includes information like customer names and emails. Even with a modal solution like Stripe's or with our hosted payment pages, you'll likely need to do PCI self assessments and quarterly scans. You can learn more about the PCI requirements and find the self assessment you'll need at https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/document_library (check out the SAQ documentation for info about the self assessments).

Meghan

6. Meghan Turner closed this discussion on 19 Jul, 2016 04:46 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac